Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theStorm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,507
Message 41 of 227

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

My G4 was doing the same thing in addition to showing adequate battery charge however acting like the battery failed shut down and would restart only to shutdown once again. Recharge and would perform well until around 80% and again have issues randomly turning off. I lived with the problem by recharging more frequently and keeping a spare back up battery with me. Finally decided to replace the battery myself, ebay around $15.00, my time and a quality T4 torx screwdriver. The problem is now gone. My flash is working again as well, was giving illumination issues. Lenovo does not wish to admit battery faulty design to fail before 2 years. Price point too low for Chinese company to adequately respond. if I have to replace the battery every 15 months or so, not so bad, for smartphone under $200.00. Plus side is battery charges quick when working properly. Still feel Lenovo has very crappy response to a really bad battery cell failure issue!!
Uddalak
Paper Tape
Views: 6,471
Message 42 of 227

I am facing the same issues, screen burn and random shutdowns even when battery is not fully discharged. Happens only when I have data on. So I try to keep data off. When I need data, I plug into a power bank. This is my 2nd Moto. Convinced son and wife to buy it, too. We are very disappointed. For screenburn, there are several workarounds. The battery issues is insurmountable, unless Motorola publishes a solution. Can't believe they are so hell bent on ruining such a well established brand. Is Lenovo really so indifferent?

jaffacakes
Punch Card
Views: 6,403
Message 43 of 227

Same here with my G4, it's only started switching itself off this last week never done it before. Today though it wouldn't switch back on at first, I thought the battery surely can't be flat so plugged the charger in, but there was nothing. It wouldn't switch on and didn't even start charging it was completely dead. So I unplugged the charger and left it and it just restarted itself after a couple of minutes, battery was 76%. 

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 6,377
Message 44 of 227

You would think that with so many people having problems with the same phone that they would care enough about their customers to fix the problem rather than just blow us all off and/or tell us it's the battery when many of us have had our battery tested, and it was fine.  I loved this phone before it started this nonsense, now it's impossible to use. I'm so fed up with their indifference towards their customers.

theStorm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,369
Message 45 of 227

The G4 smartphone never reported a battery fault, this why I commented on Lenovo Moto huge design flaw.  Still no issues after replacing battery,. The new battery detects low power and asks about battery saver option, original battery never reported any problem or even low power, just random shutdown at around 80%>

jaffacakes
Punch Card
Views: 6,366
Message 46 of 227

Calibrated mine and says battery is in good health, 4294mv out of 4478mv max. I don't think they care about the G4's now they probably want us to bin them and buy a new model. Maybe that's why they put in a non removable battery.

jaffacakes
Punch Card
Views: 6,358
Message 47 of 227

Oh no!!! Just done it again!!! Really disappointing, I was really happy with this phone best phone I ever had. This problem has been going on for a while with some people but nobody is coming back to us saying it's been looked into or there is a fix on the way.  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,347
Message 48 of 227

@Geetanjali1 wrote:

Hello,

I have the same problem and it's very annoying and frustrating cause you just can't help it. And worse, I have advanced problem, It shuts down even when it's connected to charging.

Any help will be apprecited...

Thanks.....

Sorry to hear about that, If you have already tried safe mode and clearing the wipe cache on your device and yet did not resolve the issue--- then the only option would be performing FDR without restoring any apps and observe. If this did not help then service/repair would be the next step. 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,383
Message 49 of 227

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear about the ongoing issue, we would like to look into the same. Just to narrow down the issue, could you all confirm if you have tried the following steps and observed. Please share your observation.

Have you tested your device in safe mode: If yes, what is the difference you see?

Have you tried performing wipe cache partition on your device? If yes, may I know if that makes any difference?

Have you calibrated your device: Calibration occurs by applying a full charge, discharge, and charge. Battery analyzers serve as a valuable tool to calibrate a smart battery. An analyzer fully charges the battery and then applies a controlled discharge that provides the all-important capacity readings of the chemical battery. Please repete the process and observe for few days and report the changes.

If you have already tried all the above steps and still facing issues--- then the next option would be performing factory data reset without restoring any apps and observing for few days without installing any apps. Let us know how this goes? Also, we would like to have a video showing the issue if the issue persists after performing factory data reset?

-----Finally, we would like to request you all to update your profile if you have not done yet and share us the Bug report for our product team to further investigate the same. Do let us know if need the steps to capture the Bug report.

If none of these helps--the only option would be to submit your device of service/repair.

Meanwhile, let me investigate this and keep you posted on any further updates. Also, I am going to mark this as resolved so that users can find it easily.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 6,311
Message 50 of 227

You're gling to mark this as resolved!?!  REALLY???  So many people are having problems, you keep telling us to calibrate our battery, we do, and it doesn't change things.  Many of us have gone a step further and had our battery tested and found found out that they are just fine.  Now you're teling us to bring in our phone for repair and are calling it resolved?  

Why should we all have to pay to have our phones fixed when it's a very wide-spread very well-known issue?  It's not some random problem that's only happened to one or two people.  You need to recall your phone, or update it with a programming fix for it.  I'm not going to give any more money to a company who has a very obvious problem, and their solution is to say get it fixed and mark it as resolved?  Like I would trust you with any more of my hard earned money, or trust a repair from you when you obviously don't even know what the problem even is.  Would you do that with your car and a mechanic?

Sheesh.  Nice solution.  I can tell that you really care about your customers.

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear about the ongoing issue, we would like to look into the same. Just to narrow down the issue, could you all confirm if you have tried the following steps and observed. Please share your observation.

Have you tested your device in safe mode: If yes, what is the difference you see?

Have you tried performing wipe cache partition on your device? If yes, may I know if that makes any difference?

Have you calibrated your device: Calibration occurs by applying a full charge, discharge, and charge. Battery analyzers serve as a valuable tool to calibrate a smart battery. An analyzer fully charges the battery and then applies a controlled discharge that provides the all-important capacity readings of the chemical battery. Please repete the process and observe for few days and report the changes.

If you have already tried all the above steps and still facing issues--- then the next option would be performing factory data reset without restoring any apps and observing for few days without installing any apps. Let us know how this goes? Also, we would like to have a video showing the issue if the issue persists after performing factory data reset?

-----Finally, we would like to request you all to update your profile if you have not done yet and share us the Bug report for our product team to further investigate the same. Do let us know if need the steps to capture the Bug report.

If none of these helps--the only option would be to submit your device of service/repair.

Meanwhile, let me investigate this and keep you posted on any further updates. Also, I am going to mark this as resolved so that users can find it easily.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors