Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vamshifriend
Paper Tape
Views: 804
Message 51 of 122

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

I have tried every single step you listed here. Battery calibration, wipe cache partition and also factory reset. None of them helped. It was unnecessary waste of of time. There is some obvious hardware problem and the frequency of the issue has gone up now. Especially when I switch a call to speaker mode, it crashes almost instantly. There seems to be some relation to speaker, camera and battery. As mentioend earlier, I have used Moto G, G2 and G4 for the last many year and have been waiting for Moto G6. But now, if this issue is not resolved, I need to switch to someother phone.

If you would like to retain your customers, you need to resolve this urgently or replace the devices with non-defective ones. I have already started looking at other brands now.

theStorm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 796
Message 52 of 122

Suppose LG and Samsung make handsets having easy to replace batteries.  The G4 and G4 plus take novice/intermediate battery repalcement tech skills. End of the day, Moto is a decent smartphone at price point.  Where Moto falls short is detecting battery cell failure.  In fact, it does not detect battery individual cell failure whatsoever, it just would randomly shut down. Battery replacement solved my random shutdown issue.  Hope this helps make your future repair and or purchasing choice easier.  Good luck!

jaffacakes
Punch Card
Views: 718
Message 53 of 122

Tried everything here as well but still the same, didn't think it was going to turn back on at all just now, eventually did and battery says 97%. I won't even try to change the battery myself as I am sure I will mess it up. Not sure if i will take it to the service center yet, might look at getting another make, I do get the ghosting I can cope with that but I think the G4 screen is giving me headaches and eye strain lately, doesn't happen on my old Samsung, HTC or Sony Xperia.  

Patelsachin95
Fanfold Paper
Views: 593
Message 54 of 122

I have the exact same problem with my moto G4 Plus .

I have also try to clear the cache partition but no changes occur.

And also tried to calibrate battery as explained in this forum but no changes observed.

Please help to fix problem.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 584
Message 55 of 122

Hi All,

Thank you for your additional feedback on this, we appreciate it. However, please be advised that if the issue still occurs on performing all the troubleshooting steps--- then the next option would be service/repair. 

You can also share us a bug report which I will share with our engineer team to for further investigation on the same. Let us know if you need more information on how to send the bug report?

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Patelsachin95
Fanfold Paper
Views: 556
Message 56 of 122

Please explain procedure for sending bug report

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 529
Message 57 of 122

@Patelsachin95 wrote:

Please explain procedure for sending bug report

Hello,

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Patelsachin95
Fanfold Paper
Views: 492
Message 58 of 122

Please see the bug report.

I was using Dream11 app at local time 9:39am and mobile got switched off and when I tried to start it again it shows low battery, But when I have connected charger it shows 22% charging.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M9XQfyl-NKJleGSmxb05keo4hHlhfmXA/view?usp=drivesdk

naguib_b
Punch Card
Views: 454
Message 59 of 122

Dear Agent_Swaraj, Sirs, Madams,

I am having the same problem. I purchased my phone 6 months ago and I have been using it very lightly. The battery conditions checks as "good". The phone started shutting off randomely some two months ago. Day after day it happends more frequently (about 5 times today).

It seems to me that this problem- being this common- has to do with some software or hardware defect. I believe that the company should have recalled all defective phones immediately for replacement. Instead, however, I get the impression that you (or the company) are not taking your customers seriously enough. In my openion, your replies reflect an attitude of someone who is either trying to gain time or hopes for people to get tired of complaining and forget it! I personally wouldn't like to take the phone for repair when it has been barely used. I really think you should get more serious dealing with your customers who worked hard for the money they paid.

An obvios question strikes me- and may be others as well- WHY should the customers do all the work while it is your pronblem in the first place? Is it too dificult for your engineers to set say 10 or 20 machines for testing over some time to find out what is wrong instead of asking the customers- many of whom are not necessarily trained enough- to do the required testing and reporting!

Motorola could be loosing a lot of its good reputation over this matter and I am a little surprised at your reaction which- in my openion- is way less than expected.

Regards..

KrisT
Punch Card
Views: 438
Message 60 of 122

Absolutely correct!  They keep pushing the problem off on customers, and when we don't accept that, they mark it as being "solved" when it's very obviously NOT solved in the least or there wouldn't be so incredibly many customers with the SAME complaints about the SAME phones.  I have already given up on them and moved on to a different company, and will not buy a phone from them again.  I would think that they would at least TRY to appease their customers, but they don't seem to care in the least.  Maybe when the word of mouth gets around and they can't sell any more phones they'll wish they had taken all of these complaints seriously.

Top Kudoed Authors