Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theStorm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,223
Message 61 of 295

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

The defects are both hardware and software.

1. Faulty battery cell(s).

2. Failed battery life detection circuitry.

3. Software not developed to check faulty battery life detection circuit.

And in some cases, not honoring warranty!!

Dear Moto,

Please share replacement battery specification and recommend battery model ordering instructions for DIYers.

Thank you.

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 1,215
Message 62 of 295

I and several others have had our batteries tested, and our batteries are fine, and not the problem.  It's something I would think a software update could fix, as part of the problem seems to be that it's reading the battery life incorrectly.

Willcom
Punch Card
Views: 1,145
Message 63 of 295

My phone has been having the same problems. After reading a few forums posts about the battery and how its a problem with the phone and how it detects the battery I tried the "Battery saver" feature. Its under settings and battery. So far no more auto shut downs. Only drawback is that the phone is slower and a few other things. So far its been over a day with no shut downs. Before that it was several times a day.

Patelsachin95
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,089
Message 64 of 295

Mr. Swaraj what is about my problem, have you analys my bug report.
Sachin
renansd
Punch Card
Views: 1,083
Message 65 of 295

This Motorola generic answer pisses me off!

Clearly this is something more serious due to the amount of people having the same problem, and they treat it just like any other.

I can't even resell my phone due to this problem. I'm buying another one, and this time it clearly won't be a Motorola. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,062
Message 66 of 295

@Patelsachin95 wrote:
Mr. Swaraj what is about my problem, have you analys my bug report.

Hi,

Please be advised that we have already shared your Bug Report with our engineer team for further investigation, we have not received any update yet. We will keep you posted on any further updates received on this.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,061
Message 67 of 295

Hi All,

We would need few more logs and Bug Reports for further investigation on this. Request you all users to share us the Bug Report and the observation before and please update your profile with IMEI. To get the Bug Report ----

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Vamshifriend
Paper Tape
Views: 1,058
Message 68 of 295

Swaraj, please change the status of topic to open. It is very misleading if you keep its status Closed.

The issue is not closed yet.

Regards

Vamshi

theStorm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,036
Message 69 of 295

Hello KrisT
Curious. How did you have battery tested? I haven't disassembled the old battery and don't intend to at 15 bucks for replacement. Before testing, one should know how the internal cells are connected together along with any proprietary circuit interaction.
Appreciate your input and looking forward to your response. Thanks.
KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 1,028
Message 70 of 295

I took my phone into Batteries Plus Bulbs to have the battery tested.  They said that the battery tested A-OK and questioned me as to why I even thought that there was any problem with the battery at all.  I'm sure that if the battery had any problems that they would have used that to try to sell me a new one, so I have every reason to believe them that there is nothing wrong with the battery. 

Lenovo/Motorola seems to be trying anything and everything to deflect any and all blame away from themselves in this issue.  Someone else mentioned that they turned on their battery saver and had not experienced any problems since then, but that did not work for me when I tried that. It still kept randomly shutting itself off.  The only thing that helped mine was to turn the phone to total silence, no vibration or anything.  Even that did not fix the issue, but it did seem to happen less often.  Although a phone with no sound or vibration to alert you to anything is useless in and of itself as well.  

Top Kudoed Authors