Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theStorm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,143
Message 71 of 295

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

KrisT,
Thanks for the return. My random shutdown issues went away after replacing battery. The replacement battery is not like original, lasts maybe half as long. This is why asked about Moto's replacement battery of choice, of course, no response to date. Moto does not wish to show their hand on battery risk or technology hence the hush response. Lenovo got burned financially, like other laptop manufacturers years ago, with failures and fires. Think to reason now legal has them hushed.
Disgusted2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,104
Message 72 of 295

Disappointing to see that Lenovo is burning Motorola's reputation.  This is my second Moto G, I had a first gen as well.  It was a great phone, this one is a pale comparison.  Shuts down every night if I don't plug it in.  I keep coming back month after month expecting that Lenovo will have a fix; but to my disappointment, just more excuses. Before you say it again, asking your customers to troubleshoot your problem is not customer support. Guess Lenovo doesn't want to ever sell me another device in my lifetime...seems like a poor marketing plan.  I'll check back next month to see if you f actual have a fix or are still just stonewalling your customers.

Willcom
Punch Card
Views: 1,081
Message 73 of 295

Well after using Batter Saver it once again shut off. Lasted longer than before shutting off and was at 40 percent when I turned the phone back on. Shopping for a new phone now and it will not be a Moto phone that is certain. Well phone lasted a year and 5 months before this started to happen. Guess its an update that messed up the programming some how.
naguib_b
Punch Card
Views: 1,067
Message 74 of 295

Hello Willcom,
No. I don't think it is an update that caused the shutting-off problem. My phone is rather new and I have not installed any updates. It is working on the original factory software, yet it has the same problem.
Regards
Willcom
Punch Card
Views: 1,059
Message 75 of 295

Hi naguib. Well if your phone is new then the updates will be new. After having this problem I came to this forum and so many are having this problem. Some people say battery and some say software. I just dont see it as a battery problem since after restarting the phone the battery is not at zero. Good luck and I am just glad I still have an old fashioned alarm clock. This phone almost made me late for work because it shut down but just glad I woke up on my own. 

naguib_b
Punch Card
Views: 1,047
Message 76 of 295

I did not know that newer machines of the same model can come out with newer updates. I had the impression that phones of a given model keep same version of OS regardless of release date. Thanks. Glad you still have your alarm clock.

Willcom
Punch Card
Views: 1,023
Message 77 of 295

Well I really liked this phone. Previously I had a Windows Nokia phone that was great but just did not have third party support. This phone was given to me as gift. So as this is my first andriod phone I could be wrong on many of things. 

naguib_b
Punch Card
Views: 900
Message 78 of 295

Hi, I have a question for the Admin or whomever may know the answer: Why is my kudos button deactivated (color gray instead of red). That happened right after I poster a "quick reply" two or three days ago. Some 20 minutes ago, however, the buttons were active again only for a few minutes then turned gray again. Any axplanation? Thanks.

jaffacakes
Punch Card
Views: 878
Message 79 of 295

I was fed up with my G4 turning off and was about to buy a new phone but took mine to my local phone repair shop and got them to put a new battery in. It's been on for 2 days now without switching off so I hope it's been sorted now, will report back on how it's going.

theStorm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 872
Message 80 of 295

Nice. You just saved yourself a couple of hundred, at least.
Top Kudoed Authors