Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 981
Message 81 of 295

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

@naguib_b wrote:

Hi, I have a question for the Admin or whomever may know the answer: Why is my kudos button deactivated (color gray instead of red). That happened right after I poster a "quick reply" two or three days ago. Some 20 minutes ago, however, the buttons were active again only for a few minutes then turned gray again. Any axplanation? Thanks.

Hi, naguib_b.

Well, it looks like you are checking on the posts that you have responded, as you would not be able to give kudos to your self-- which is why the buttons are Gray.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

naguib_b
Punch Card
Views: 972
Message 82 of 295

Hi, Agent_Swaraj,

Sorry for not being familiar with how community groups work. I think this is my first time to join one. I am not sure I understood what uou meant by  "checking on posts I responded". Do you mean I see it gray because it is "my" post while others see it red and active? In other words you mean every member sees his posts kuodos gray? The reason I got curious is that it was red first and for a few days. Just for the sake of learning how this works, I'll appreciate it if you explain it further to me. Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 850
Message 83 of 295

@naguib_b wrote:

Hi, Agent_Swaraj,

Sorry for not being familiar with how community groups work. I think this is my first time to join one. I am not sure I understood what uou meant by  "checking on posts I responded". Do you mean I see it gray because it is "my" post while others see it red and active? In other words you mean every member sees his posts kuodos gray? The reason I got curious is that it was red first and for a few days. Just for the sake of learning how this works, I'll appreciate it if you explain it further to me. Thanks.

Hi, naguib_b.

Yes! You got that right, strange that you were able to see it earlier-- however, I would like to clarify that, it works the same for all the community members. 

Please be advised that the "Kudos" button would remain grayed out- if it is your post.Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Vamshifriend
Paper Tape
Views: 840
Message 84 of 295

I wish the same kind of enthusiasm, excitement and responsiveness is shown in answering the original issue of phone shutting down randomly also. Amd the same level of clarity in response...

We are still struggling with the issue every day. Can you please show us an escalation path as I think it needs to be raised to higher level to get some traction..?

Is there an official Marshmallow version available? I think all issues started after upgrading to Nougat.

Regards.

jaffacakes
Punch Card
Views: 822
Message 85 of 295

Hi all, Just to let you know it's been 5 days now since I had a new battery fitted and it's not switched off at all. So it does look like it's a battery issue after all.

Vamshifriend
Paper Tape
Views: 816
Message 86 of 295

I had situations where the issue didn't occur for over 10 days and then it happened again. And when it happens, it happens consistently multiple times in the same day until the device is charged fully. Please keep us posted with your observations beyond 10 days also.

Thanks.

motog4_to_court
Paper Tape
Views: 812
Message 87 of 295

I have also changed the battery 4 days ago, and also have no shut-downs since then.

jaffacakes
Punch Card
Views: 802
Message 88 of 295

Yes I will keep you updated. Mine was switching off every day multiple times regardless if I had charged it fully or not.Mine would be a pain to switch back on again even to start it in recovery mode. I was fed up with it and was going to buy a new phone but took a chance having a new battery fitted.

renansd
Punch Card
Views: 790
Message 89 of 295

I've generated a bug report, hope it might help.

The device shut down after I played a WhatsApp voice message. The message was sent from a noisy place. I was able to play the message after I turned down the volume, while it was high, the device kept turning off.

Bare in mind my previous answer quoted, as it might help.

Follows the link to download it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_81y-FiAEnvKKWbWwdWHKxBwSxK5qvOz/view?usp=drivesdk

renansd
Punch Card
Views: 773
Message 90 of 295

Top Kudoed Authors