Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warmac
Paper Tape
Views: 13,245
Message 1 of 8

Moto G4 Plus not recognizing SD Card

A couple of months ago, for no known reason, my Moto G4 Plus stopped recognizing my 32g SD (NexTech) Card after it worked well for approx a year.

• I took the SD card out, and then put it back in the slot and it recognized it and worked fine.
  • After a few days, it stopped working again. THis time I had to reinsert the SD card AND reboot it. ... and it worked for a few more days.
  • Then I had to do it more frequently ...
  • And then the SD Card would work well for a week or more !! (Happy days!)
  • Then again, the same problem occurred.

The problem has now gotten worse. Reseating the card / rebooting the phone no longer work.

• I tried rebooting in Safe Mode. Still does not read the card.
  • I tried a different, brand new SD card (Kingston), same problem.
    • It does recognize the SD Card in the Settings/Storage
    • It does say "SD Card" for transferring photos and media
    • But I still cannot save anything to the SD Card. No media, no photos, no docs ... nothing. 

For the programs that try to access the SD card, I get an error message similar to the following

"no internal storage available" 

Suggestions, comments ... best yet .. any solution?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 13,161
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G4 Plus not recognizing SD Card

Hi Warmac,

Try troubleshooting as follows.

Power off the phone and remove then reinsert the card. Reboot the phone. If the phone just stopped reading the card this may fix the issue.If not, go to you Phones settings and look for the Storage options. In the options make sure the card is “mounted”. If not remount the card, reboot the phone. See if your phone is reading the card and you can see the data.If these fail most likely the data on the card has become corrupt. At this point, your data is lost. You may still be able to use the card by reformatting it. Again in the Storage Options, you should see an option to format the card. After formatting make sure the card is mounted. See if your phone is now reading the card.If not, either the card or the phone is damaged. Has the phone been dropped recently?.

-Sandip

-Sandip

Warmac
Paper Tape
Views: 13,145
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Moto_Kaka

Regarding resetting and rebooting, I have done this a number of times without any sucess.

I will try your comments regarding the mounting of the drive in the future.

Before I came back to the forum, I entered the "recovery mode" and cleared the cache and then rebooted my G4 ... and it recognized the card ! 

So now lets see what happens over the next few days.

Warmac

Taraka
What's DOS?
Views: 2,215
Message 4 of 8

This is not the thing. My sdcard is perfectly fine but my moto is recognising it. Help me.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,133
Message 5 of 8

@Taraka wrote:

This is not the thing. My sdcard is perfectly fine but my moto is recognising it. Help me.

Hi Taraka,

Just to confirm, If you have tried with different SD card on your device with no avail—seems like SD card slot issue to me. The best option would be to have your device sent for Service/Repair so the team can further diagnose your device and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

karan_bawa
What's DOS?
Views: 1,494
Message 6 of 8

i am facing the same problem too. plus my memory card is working just fine in any other phone beside moto. 

kindly help me too

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,309
Message 7 of 8

@karan_bawa wrote:

i am facing the same problem too. plus my memory card is working just fine in any other phone beside moto. 

kindly help me too

Hi karan_bawa,

Can you please follow the above-mentioned checkpoint and let us know.

Thanks

Sandip

Adesola
What's DOS?
Views: 45
Message 8 of 8

My problem is quite different. So I formatted my phone yesterday but as it was formatting, I removed the SD card. Now, it is saying that my SD card is not supported. I've tried to format it several times but it keeps failing. Please does this mean my card is now useless?

Top Kudoed Authors