Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosamy521
Paper Tape
Views: 260
Message 1 of 3

Moto G4 Sound Very Low

Hi,

My Moto G4 has been having sound issues for a while now and it's very frustrating. Even on the highest volume level I can barely hear the sound. It's a problem across all apps and ringtones and alarms. I've tried cleaning the speaker, have turned on and off, problem is still there in safe mode. Hardware tests have also been run and it says passed but all it did was play a ring tone and ask if I could hear it which I could but just barely which is the whole problem. 

Please help, this is almost making the phone unusable as I can barely hear it ringing and hear the other person on calls let alone audiobooks and music.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 240
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G4 Sound Very Low

@Rosamy521 wrote:

Hi,

My Moto G4 has been having sound issues for a while now and it's very frustrating. Even on the highest volume level I can barely hear the sound. It's a problem across all apps and ringtones and alarms. I've tried cleaning the speaker, have turned on and off, problem is still there in safe mode. Hardware tests have also been run and it says passed but all it did was play a ring tone and ask if I could hear it which I could but just barely which is the whole problem. 

Please help, this is almost making the phone unusable as I can barely hear it ringing and hear the other person on calls let alone audiobooks and music.

Hi Rosamy521,

Sorry to learn about that, appreciate your efforts. As you have tried Hardware test with the same results--indicates to be partially hardware issue to me but not sure. Our best bet would be to have your device sent to the repair center to examine further and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motoro\la Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Rosamy521
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G4 Sound Very Low

Surely there's got to be a better answer than "send it for repair." Isn't there anything else I can try please? It's not under warranty so I'm assuming sending it for repair would cost quite a bit?

Top Kudoed Authors