Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R110
Paper Tape
Views: 965
Message 1 of 4

Moto G4 XT1625 Randomly Shuts Down

Hello,

In April 2018 I purchased two Moto G4's (XT1625) One of them soon after started randomly shutting down and the other has been fine.  I have read the many posts from other users with similar problems and I have tried the suggested fixes offered to them with no positive results.

I have tried clearing the cache partition, doing factory data resets and not installing apps, installing apps one by one trying to isolate a bad app, discharing the battery completely and fully charging all multiple times with no good result, etc..  The phone keeps randomly shutting down and is to the point where it would not be reliable if I needed to depend on it.  I purchased a low end replacement in December just so I would have a  reliable working phone.

The phone is leterally in like new condition with no wear.  With all of the the other users out here with similar problems is there a way where I can return it for repair/replacement?

Thank you in advance for your response? 

R110
Paper Tape
Views: 968
Message 2 of 4

Moto G4 XT1625 Randomly & Frequently Shuts Down

Hello,

I purchased two XT1625 Moto G4's in April of 2018. Shortly after one of the phones started randomly shutting down, the other unit is fine with no issues.

After reading all of the siilar posts and trying the suggested fixes, all multiple times, nothing has workedto correct the problems. Wiped the cache partition, calibrated the battery by discharing/fully charging, factory reset with both installing apps one at a tiime and with none installed, the same random shutting down has continued to the point the phone cannot be depended upon if needed.

There is no particular app or user event that seems to cause it as it will shut down left unattended. I was forced to purchase a lower end Moto as a replacement that surprising works better than this G4 ever has, but I would like the G4 to work as well as it's sister phone I purchased. The phone in questio is in brand new condition and has not been abused.

With all of the similar posts and no apparent solutions is there anyway I can send the phone in under warranty for repair or replacement?  I have literally tried all of the suggested fixes multiple times with no success.  This particular phone clearly has an issue that it was shipped with. How are these phones/issues being resolved?

Your time and response is greatly appreciated.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 907
Message 3 of 4

Re: Moto G4 XT1625 Randomly & Frequently Shuts Down

Hi R110,

Greetings from Motorola,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. As per your post, we understand that you have performed the Factory Data Reset. Did you do an automatic restore after your Factory Data Reset?  If you did, then you most probably reinstalled whatever is causing the issue.

Hence, we request to observe in the Safe Mode & let us know.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

R110
Paper Tape
Views: 861
Message 4 of 4

Re: Moto G4 XT1625 Randomly & Frequently Shuts Down

Greetings,

I went through two cylces minimum of running the phone in safe mode with the same result.  Also when I did the factory reset, my user apps were not installed with the same issues occuring (only the default installed apps). The phone would perieodically even shut down and restart with no user interaction. Sometimes it would go for a few hours with out a restart and other times back to back restarts. No particular app seemed to trigger it any more than another app. 

As I have mentioned I have been through the forums for a few months reading the suggested tests and fixes for this condition on this phone with no positive results. 

While the other g4 that was purchased at the same time has been rock solid. 

Top Kudoed Authors