Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onnha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 904
Message 1 of 11

Moto G4+ and stuck on airplane issue.

Cannot connect to network no matter what. I have a G4+ with this issue. I've done everything.. Removed and reinstalled the SIM card and other SIM cards NUMEROUS times. Still NO service. Everytime I try and place a call or text it keeps saying "Turn off airplane mode" even when the airplane mode icon is OFF..  I've rebooted the phone.. I've done 2X factiry resets. I've deleted the partion. I've cleared cache.   I've basically now have a small tablet with NO service with no calling or text capabilities. And both my cell phone carrier (total wireless) and Lenovo cannot help me. Why can't this be addressed? 

AND one more thing-- The phone keeps switching automatically from LTE/CDMA setting to Global network.  On it's own.  

I've done all of the turn off/on location scanning. All of the turn off bluetooth and Wifi. I've done everything but hit the phone with a sledgehammer... Hmmmm 

Hey Motorola/Lenovo?  Screen burn-in?  Check.. NO android updates? Check,  Now this issue?  I will never ever ever ever own another Motorola/Lenovo phone. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 864
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto G4+ and stuck on airplane issue.

@onnha wrote:

Cannot connect to network no matter what. I have a G4+ with this issue. I've done everything.. Removed and reinstalled the SIM card and other SIM cards NUMEROUS times. Still NO service. Everytime I try and place a call or text it keeps saying "Turn off airplane mode" even when the airplane mode icon is OFF..  I've rebooted the phone.. I've done 2X factiry resets. I've deleted the partion. I've cleared cache.   I've basically now have a small tablet with NO service with no calling or text capabilities. And both my cell phone carrier (total wireless) and Lenovo cannot help me. Why can't this be addressed? 

AND one more thing-- The phone keeps switching automatically from LTE/CDMA setting to Global network.  On it's own.  

I've done all of the turn off/on location scanning. All of the turn off bluetooth and Wifi. I've done everything but hit the phone with a sledgehammer... Hmmmm 

Hey Motorola/Lenovo?  Screen burn-in?  Check.. NO android updates? Check,  Now this issue?  I will never ever ever ever own another Motorola/Lenovo phone. 

Hi onnha,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused & thanks to you for trying troubleshooting steps yourself. Did you do an automatic restore after your factory data reset?  If you did, then you most probably reinstalled whatever is causing the issue before you ever had a chance to test it.

Also, we request update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone. Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate.

Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

onnha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 853
Message 3 of 11

I've updated my personal info on the forum.  And yes you have my permission to check out my phone. And I'm currently on Total Wireless as my carrier. The issue (no service and stuck on airplane mode) didn't start until I took out my Total wireless SIM card to put in one for Straight Talk wireless . And that SIM card didn't change the "no service" issue either. When I try to text or make a call it says turn off airplane mode.. And the icon shows that it's OFF. And yes I've toggled it on and off numerous times . Thank you for being so helpful 

onnha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 808
Message 4 of 11

Hello--- I gave you folks approval to check out my phone as I put my info on my profile.. I'd like to know WHEN someone/anyone is going to check out my phone to see why your phone is doing what it's doing.. And now my Wifi is shutting itself off and I have to restart the phone numerous times and still the Wifi won't always come on automatically.  I am past being upset over the fact that the phone has screen burn-in;  has no Oreo update; the airplane stuck on issue; and now the Wifi won't always come on. I NEED HELP. 

onnha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 755
Message 5 of 11

Well still waiting... And waiting. And waiting. I have given Lenovo my imei info. When are you going to do anything about my g4+ issues? Seems like no one from Lenovo reads these forums. Sigh. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 751
Message 6 of 11

Hi onnha,

Sorry for the delay in response. As you have tried with all the basic troubleshooting steps, our best advice for this situation is submitting your phone for Repair would be the next logical action. They will examine and assist you further.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

onnha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 740
Message 7 of 11

Will it cost me? I REFUSE to pay for issues that are clearly phone issues. It is not even 2 yrs old. And YES the issues are outside of the regular warranty.. But they ARE defects regardless. And would I have to pay for S/H either way?  Shouldn't Lenovo honor issues that were and are clearly engineering defects?  Never mind- It's plain that I'd be charged because I didn't get a 5 yr warranty. 

onnha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 690
Message 8 of 11

Lenovo? While it won't happen you SHOULD pay for the return of my Moto G4+ AND the repairs. The screen burn in? KNOWN issue. The hardware failure and my phone won't connect to the network? KNOWN issue according to message boards  My G4 + will only be 2 yrs old next month.. And you SHOULD be able to fix this regardless of whether it's under warranty or not.  Your customer service is horrible. This phone should have never been manufactured.      

onnha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 632
Message 9 of 11

Lenovo KNOWS about all the issues with a moto g4 plus..  You could have shown some kindness in helping me get it fixed.. You even refused to answer my posts. It IS a known hardware problem and I will GUARANTEE that the 100's of people I know will NEVER EVER EVER purchase a Lenovo product  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 612
Message 10 of 11

@onnha wrote:

Will it cost me? I REFUSE to pay for issues that are clearly phone issues. It is not even 2 yrs old. And YES the issues are outside of the regular warranty.. But they ARE defects regardless. And would I have to pay for S/H either way?  Shouldn't Lenovo honor issues that were and are clearly engineering defects?  Never mind- It's plain that I'd be charged because I didn't get a 5 yr warranty. 

Hi onnha,

I understand you are frustrated with regards to the ongoing issue you have been facing. Please be advised that we would want your device to be sent to the Authorized Service Center, so that team can further diagnose your device & assist you accordingly. Also, we have private message please share us the requested details for further investigation.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors