Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greyowl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,404
Message 91 of 130

Re: Moto G4 - camera error haiplease restart camera

Thank you Prakash - will try this.

Only way I had of recovering the camera was to reboot the phone.

On a previous post someone suggested using a differnt camera app rather than the stock app.  I tried with Open Camera and got an error " unable to save file" message.  Tried the stock app and got the usual cam error.

One Youtube video suggested changing storage to phone but the sd card is merged into the local memory.  Perhaps this is an issue.  If I have to do a factory rest I might try running the sd card as external storage.

I have to say that this is a pain - the G4 runs OK in most other respects but I use the camera a lot for documenting stuff and if it isn't reliable ( and it isn't ) I may as well get used to carrying a camera with me or get another phone i.e. samsung galaxy s7 - even though it costs a lot more,

greyowl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,403
Message 92 of 130

really appreciate this Sajeevmoto but I am not going to root phone or do anything outside the normal envelope of phone maintenance.

This is a major issue with Moto phones, or so it seems, and Lenovo seem unwilling to own this.

I may be just in warranty so I might dump this G4 and get a refurb Samsung.
prakash2101
Paper Tape
Views: 1,286
Message 93 of 130

Hi

As you guessed, I got the same error again couple of days back, also phone is extremely slow, analysing I see there is too little Internal Storage left.

I backed up all my videos and made space of 6GB+ and curiously tried to capture the photo from camera App and I got the same error again!! I concluded just by making more space won't solve but it needs clearing the data/cache.

Now I have cleared the Data/Cache and also updated the Camera App, and looks the problem is solved. I am able to get the Camera working without any issues now.

I guess having tooo little storage space is the root cause of the problem, just deleted the unwated data and backup the required data and clear data/cache and update the camera app (if it is not the latest) should sovle the issue.

Prakash N

nepeta
What's DOS?
Views: 1,199
Message 94 of 130

Re: Moto G4 - camera error please restart camera

I have the same problem as everybody else, my phone is 1 years old, it always worked, I use an SD card to spore the pictures. I tried most things that are written in this thread, I want to avoid restoring to factory settings because I have to much stuff on this phone, FDR is the only thing I still didn't try and I would like not to have to do it
nepeta
What's DOS?
Views: 1,199
Message 95 of 130

I also only got this problem after the update to Nougat
nepeta
What's DOS?
Views: 1,198
Message 96 of 130

I never had this problem before Nougat
nepeta
What's DOS?
Views: 1,137
Message 97 of 130

my card cannot be read by my laptop, but when I eject it from my moto G4 it gives me the message that the card is formatted so it can be only read by the phone.
Akhilws
Paper Tape
Views: 1,047
Message 98 of 130

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/MotoG4thGen/thread-id/20600/page/3
My camera AAP won't open and message pop ups "camera app keeps closing"
Mukesh5
What's DOS?
Views: 733
Message 99 of 130

Uninstall the updates for camera app and put it back to default .. issue will be resolved

Mukesh5
What's DOS?
Views: 733
Message 100 of 130

Uninstall the updates for camera app.. issue will be fixed
Top Kudoed Authors