Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mings
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,159
Message 11 of 130

Re: Moto G4 - camera error please restart camera

Yes I am. I am not sure if this problem started before or after updating from Marshmallow to Nougat.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,155
Message 12 of 130

@Mings wrote:

Yes I am. I am not sure if this problem started before or after updating from Marshmallow to Nougat.

Hi Mings,

Reinstall that specific app then test if it works. Did you perform a clear cache partition on your device? We suggest doing so after an update to clear caches. 

Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support

nigelowen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,150
Message 13 of 130

Anne:

This had no effect - the problem still remains.

Happened twice this evening whilst taking photos at a football match - most frustrating having to reboot the phone each time.

OsabaMark
Paper Tape
Views: 4,146
Message 14 of 130

Like the others in this thread, I have the same error on my wife's phone. Clear cache, factory reset, clear data none of this does anything. We have already sent the phone back twice, comes back, works for a while and then the error reappears. Very frustrating and annoying. Tomorrow back to the shop for the third time and no doubt after 3-4 weeks the phone will come back the same. Totally unsatisfactory service . Not a happy customer right now. 

nigelowen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,130
Message 15 of 130

Anne:

This had no effect - the problem still remains.

Happened twice this evening whilst taking photos at a football match - most frustrating having to reboot the phone each time.
Mings
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,117
Message 16 of 130

I don't know how to re-install the camera app; the only options I can see are to force stop and disable. This was my first thought when the problem first occurred, but it is not possible to uninstall it.

Royt1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,111
Message 17 of 130

Yes is it a stock camera. I don't know whether it is linked to the recent android upgrade. I'm now on 7.0. thanks 

nigelowen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,094
Message 18 of 130

Anne:  do you have an update please.  I only have a couple of days left before the shop 'no quibble' return policy expires should I need *another* replacement phone.

Nigel.

Mings
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,078
Message 19 of 130

I don't know whether this will help with a diagnosis but I have discovered that, even when I get the Camera Error message, I have actually taken a photo and this photo is saved on the SD card even though I can't see the photos when swiping left on the camera app.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 4,065
Message 20 of 130

@OsabaMark wrote:

Like the others in this thread, I have the same error on my wife's phone. Clear cache, factory reset, clear data none of this does anything. We have already sent the phone back twice, comes back, works for a while and then the error reappears. Very frustrating and annoying. Tomorrow back to the shop for the third time and no doubt after 3-4 weeks the phone will come back the same. Totally unsatisfactory service . Not a happy customer right now. 

This is really difficult to understand unless it is caused by app interference. Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

I could understand a single phone having an issue, but when multiple phones have the same issue it's generally not the phone itself.

- Matt

Top Kudoed Authors