Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobFromNorfolk
What's DOS?
Views: 3,292
Message 41 of 130

Re: Moto G4 - camera error please restart camera

Yes please, add one more sufferer from the "Camera error Please restart camera" curse

I have put off reporting it as I hoped that Nougat would sort it.

It doesn't. What is going on?

Rob

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,257
Message 42 of 130

@RobFromNorfolk wrote:

Yes please, add one more sufferer from the "Camera error Please restart camera" curse

I have put off reporting it as I hoped that Nougat would sort it.

It doesn't. What is going on?

Rob

Hi All,

Have you tried to perform FDR with no restore? If not, try then test. Do not install any 3rd party app yet and see if the stock camera will crash.

-Anne

Mings
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,251
Message 43 of 130

Please explain in plain English what you mean by "FDR with no restore".

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,216
Message 44 of 130

@Mings wrote:

Please explain in plain English what you mean by "FDR with no restore".

Hi Mings,

FDR means Factory Data Reset. Refer to this link for better understanding. 

-Anne

BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 3,201
Message 45 of 130

That's a tall order for most, since I presume the phone is their daily driver. Within a month, I should have another phone provided to me. If a solution hasn't arrived yet, I'll definitely do a wipe and clean install, not log in or download anything, and test the heck out of the camera.

Meanwhile, I just managed to get it to fail again, and will PM you a bug report. Y'all need to check your mail, or fix your system. My messages show unread.
Mings
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,196
Message 46 of 130

As my camera has been working properly for the past few days I am not going to do the factory reset - not yet anyway. I think it would be clutching at another straw. What we need is Motorola to come up with a permanent cure

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,169
Message 47 of 130

@BigBadWulf wrote:
That's a tall order for most, since I presume the phone is their daily driver. Within a month, I should have another phone provided to me. If a solution hasn't arrived yet, I'll definitely do a wipe and clean install, not log in or download anything, and test the heck out of the camera.

Meanwhile, I just managed to get it to fail again, and will PM you a bug report. Y'all need to check your mail, or fix your system. My messages show unread.

Hi BigBadWulf,

Apologies for the delayed response, I shared the Bugreport to the team and I`ll get back to you as soon as I hear from them.

-Anne

Roseweave
Paper Tape
Views: 3,150
Message 48 of 130

This is being caused by an SD card issue. If you have it formatted as Internal/Adopted storage, it will cause this error. There is no fix. You need to reformat as external storage, which is ridiculous. Or keep ejecting/mounting. Lenovo don't seem interested in fixing it at all. My old Moto E was consumed by SD card bugs. I thought that this new phone might be better. Last time I buy a Motorola phone unless they fix this.

Roseweave
Paper Tape
Views: 3,149
Message 49 of 130

It's not the Camera app - chrome can't save images either. It's something to do with write access to the SD card. 

Roseweave
Paper Tape
Views: 3,148
Message 50 of 130

Why are you doing nothing to fix this. It is obviously a write/access error with the SD card. Ejecting/mounting the SD card fixes it, but you have to do it at least once a day and it's frustrating. There is obviously a solution here. You just dont'care.

Top Kudoed Authors