Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 1,649
Message 51 of 130

Re: Moto G4 - camera error please restart camera

Write much code Rose, and do debugging?

Patience and helpful member participation will solve it. If that's too much to bear, a different phone should be considered.
Roseweave
Paper Tape
Views: 1,647
Message 52 of 130

Back in the day, yeah. 

I don't buy that they'll solve it given they never solved the issue with the Moto E I had, ever. And it's been several weeks already on this one. They are not interested in a fix - full stop. 

BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 1,645
Message 53 of 130

Why in the world would you buy another Moto, already believing they aren't interested in fixing issues?
Roseweave
Paper Tape
Views: 1,644
Message 54 of 130

i didn't read about any issues with this phone at the time, and it was the best value i could afford. 

BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 1,642
Message 55 of 130

Well, from my understanding it wasn't an issue till Nougat. They must have resolved whatever was your problem, only to have it rear it's ugly head again.

Whoops! Guess y'all aren't on Nougat yet. [removed]!

I'm positive they're working on it, am going to continue trying to help, and will remain hopeful it's resolved. Anything else is a waste of my energy.

• Edited due to Site Rules violation - Preferred language. -Anne

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,553
Message 56 of 130

@BigBadWulf wrote:

Well, from my understanding it wasn't an issue till Nougat. They must have resolved whatever was your problem, only to have it rear it's ugly head again.

Whoops! Guess y'all aren't on Nougat yet. [removed]!

I'm positive they're working on it, am going to continue trying to help, and will remain hopeful it's resolved. Anything else is a waste of my energy.

• Edited due to Site Rules violation - Preferred language. -Anne

Hi BigBadWulf,

Try to back-up and reformat sd card. Let me know if it works.

-Anne

BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 1,538
Message 57 of 130

First off, my apologies. I didn't realize Yosemite Sam used offensive language.

Just to confirm, and I have done this before, trying to resolve the issue. I have a main folder named DCIM, subfolder Camera that are created by the phone, when formatting the card. Within that camera folder, I also maintain all of my organized image folders. Is this an acceptable filing system?
OsabaMark
Paper Tape
Views: 1,527
Message 58 of 130

Suggestions to back up and reformat are next to insulting. Anyone who can read and follow simple instructions will have done this before ending up here. This does absolutely nothing. 

I would also add, it's got nothing to do with Nougat, problem was there before and still is. 

It also has nothing to do with SD card. In our case we don't have one, so go figure. 

My view for what it's worth is, a percentage of handsets are clearly defective, and not enough for them to actually do anything about it. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,505
Message 59 of 130

@BigBadWulf wrote:
First off, my apologies. I didn't realize Yosemite Sam used offensive language.

Just to confirm, and I have done this before, trying to resolve the issue. I have a main folder named DCIM, subfolder Camera that are created by the phone, when formatting the card. Within that camera folder, I also maintain all of my organized image folders. Is this an acceptable filing system?

Hi BigBadWulf,

The referred logs indicate Card has gone bad. It was getting stuck in programming state and certain sectors are gone bad. Generally, this can happen if hot-plugging through card slot while some read/write is happening.
Next Steps:
1) Try to eject the card from settings. Pull out and insert the card again.
2) Please check if this can be read through other devices? Or Even check if this can be read from PC.
3) Might have to have SD Card replaced.

-Anne

BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 1,500
Message 60 of 130

Never had a problem reading it on the PC, and it's never shown bad sectors. I'll replace it anyway, and let you know.

I'm curious. Can the hardware take advantage of the higher speed U3, or is that just a waste of money vs U1?
Top Kudoed Authors