Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJ_Fries
What's DOS?
Views: 1,748
Message 61 of 130

Re: Moto G4 - camera error please restart camera

I would like to join the Camera Error Party.

Here's what I have:

-Rear facing camera works fine

-Front facing Camera give me an error with a black screen

-In and app like Snapchat it simply freeze the rear camera image until I switch again

-I am running Nougat using the basic Camera app.

-I am saving directly to device, no SD card

Have tried:

-Force stop, disabling, restarting, clearing data cache, enable (this made it work again for a day once, now it does nothing)

-Safe mode: nada

-Factory reset data restore all but Camera: nada

Have not tried:

-Full factory Data reset. Would like to avoid as long as possible, I got this phone in January and reinstalling everything again would be more unpleasant than my current level of Camera frustration.

I hope this give enough info to catch me up in the discussion. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,697
Message 62 of 130

@Mings wrote:

As my camera has been working properly for the past few days I am not going to do the factory reset - not yet anyway. I think it would be clutching at another straw. What we need is Motorola to come up with a permanent cure

Hi Mings,

Is your storage set to SD Card? If yes, try to back-up your sd card and reformat it to see if issue is resolved.

-Anne

BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 1,692
Message 63 of 130

Hey Anne! Got a new card Saturday. Hate to jinx it, but so far no problems.

Mings
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,558
Message 64 of 130

Hello Anne

I have been away for over 3 weeks, and have been using the camera daily during that time. It did not fail once. It is set to store on SD card. Maybe the last time I formatted it, it solved the problem. 

Edubarca
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,539
Message 65 of 130

The problem is appearing only when I take panoramas. Should I return the phone to be replaced under guarantee? Has Motorola found a solution to solve this problem?
Edubarca
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,537
Message 66 of 130

If I change my SD card, how can I manage the apps that I have in the present SD card? I have to re.install everything all over again?
Royt1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,530
Message 67 of 130

I reformated another SD card that I had and tried that. Since then I've had not problems. So it seems that its a problem between the Camera App and the SD card, but once you insert reformated card the probelem seems to go. Fingers crossed. 

Betheileen777
Paper Tape
Views: 1,460
Message 68 of 130

Have you heard of any solutions to the camera error? I still cannot use my phone app! Please help!

Beth

cmTaper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,315
Message 69 of 130

I just started getting the error on my Moto G 3rd Gen phone. I tried everything, Safe Mode, Clear Cache, Full Factory Reset... Sometimes the camera works and most of the time it does not. Smiley Sad The best luck I've had is when I go to Apps > All > Camera and FORCE STOP. Then I reboot the phone and the camera works sometimes for a little while. This is very frustrating. I don't want to buy another camera. I like this one. Since reading this thread I'm going to switch the camera to save files to the phone, rather than the SD card and see if that helps. That way I can move files to the SD card, if the camera will work long enough to takes the pictures...

cmTaper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,308
Message 70 of 130

Very sorry for the double post here, but, I tried something that is working for now... With help from an app called Permission Explorer (tells what apps have permission to use the camera) I found if I disable CQATest and Trusted Face, the camera works again. I'll report back if it's only temporary. But, It's working longer now than it has in a week!

Top Kudoed Authors