Message 71 of 130

Re: Moto G4 - camera error please restart camera

Back to not working... Not happy. Smiley Sad

Edubarca
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,398
Message 72 of 130

I discovered that the phone camera started to work again when I uninstalled other camera apps downloaded from Google play. It worked for me, It might work for you. Just use the phone camera and forget about installing outside camera apps unless you want just to use the external app and not the phone camera. Good luck!!

cmTaper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,394
Message 73 of 130

I don't have an other camera apps installed. 

Edubarca
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,390
Message 74 of 130

Sorry to hear that, I think then that the solution is calling Motorola call center, depending on what country you live. They are very nice people and I'm sure they will help you. It is interesting to note that I have at least six people around me using the same phone and they haven't encounter this problem with the camera. 

BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 1,382
Message 75 of 130

I've had zero issues since replacing my SD card. I suggest you either try that, or take a bugreport and have them look at it.
cmTaper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,380
Message 76 of 130

I have done that. I chatted with Motorola. They say it's a hardware problem. They even offered to replace my phone bacause it happened so close to the 1 year warranty, but they can't supply one loaded with the RW apps...

BigBadWulf
SCSI Port
Views: 1,364
Message 77 of 130

@cmTaper wrote:

I have done that. I chatted with Motorola. They say it's a hardware problem. They even offered to replace my phone bacause it happened so close to the 1 year warranty, but they can't supply one loaded with the RW apps...

I don't understand the point of your post then. You know what's wrong, and have been offered a resolution.

What's a RW app?

cmTaper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,362
Message 78 of 130

I was just relaying my experience. It may help others... ??? RW = Republic Wireless.
Shesh1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,202
Message 79 of 130

My Moto G4 is having camera error problem ..Not able to click photos please help

cmTaper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,198
Message 80 of 130

Here is what worked for me:

Settings > Apps > Camera

Uninstall Updates > Clear Data > Clear Cache

Back out of the Setings

Restart the phone

Open the Camera app and it starts like the camera has never been used

Click through the settings you like on the left side

Turned off Quick Capture

* Do not do anything on the Gallery side on the right (the right side still has the word Gallery on it every time I use the phone now)

I did this on August 3 and the camera has worked everytime I've opening it since.

I'm not sure why, but it seems that not touching the * Gallery side of the screen when re-setting it up is the key. I did open the Gallery side a couple of times and predictably the camera gave the Error messsage again shortly after before I stumbled onto the procedure.

If you or anyone else trys this and it works let me know. Before I did this the camera stopped wotking so often I was going to buy a new phone because people kept telling me it was a hardware issue. I don't believe it's a hardware issue.

I'm hoping maybe a developer might be able to answer how/why this works. ? Good luck. I'm happy with my phone now after not being able to use the camera app for a while.

Top Kudoed Authors