Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dimondminer11
Paper Tape
Views: 393
Message 1 of 10

Moto G4 charging at USB port speeds when plugged into wall

My phone will only charge at a max speed of 320 milliamps with any charging block or cable. It has always been this way. I've tried factory reset, different cables, different charging block, clearing cache, nothing works. It takes about 9-10 hours to fully charge. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 332
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto G4 charging at USB port speeds when plugged into wall

Hi Dimondminer11,

Thanks for posting. I know how frustrating this must be, allow us to help. Please make sure that your phone's software is up to date. Are you still using the original charger that came with the phone? Have you also tried the charger on other devices to further isolate the concern? Let me know. 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Dimondminer11
Paper Tape
Views: 328
Message 3 of 10

Yeah I have tried the original charger and different chargers with it.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 303
Message 4 of 10

Hi Dimondminer11,

This is odd. You mentioned that you have already done a factory reset. Did you happen to restore all of your files or install any third-party apps right after resetting it? Were you able to check if your software is up to date? Let me know.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Dimondminer11
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 5 of 10

Yes all 3rd party stuff was removed and software is up to date. I should add that when I plug in the phone to a PC, said PC doesn't let it charge unless phone is in sleep mode and on other computers it disables all other devices connected via USB to the computer.

Dimondminer11
Paper Tape
Views: 297
Message 6 of 10

Here is an idea of how many minutes out takes to charge by 1%.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 272
Message 7 of 10

Hi Dimondminer11,

I appreciate the additional info. Have you tried charging the phone while it is powered off? Also, make sure that there are no bent pins or any debris that might block the charging port. Please update your profile as well with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here.

Regards,
May
Moto Support 

Dimondminer11
Paper Tape
Views: 265
Message 8 of 10

I can't do much of anything to my profile right now. I do not currently have access to a desktop PC. I have tried charging it while it is off. There is nothing blocking charging port. There is no carrier because I broke a SIM tray contact pin and need to replace it in the future. Otherwise carrier would be AT&T. Motorola privacy stuff is on as well.

Dimondminer11
Paper Tape
Views: 262
Message 9 of 10

Ok updated profile. Used IMEI instead of serial because I can't find serial.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 237
Message 10 of 10

Hi Dimondminer11,

I appreciate you updating your info. We look into your device and we can see that it is indeed slowly charging. Are the chargers work fine on other phones? Do let me know.  And since charging it in Safe Mode did not work, our next step is to proceed with performing a factory data reset. Please make sure to backup all your data first as this will delete all of your files and kindly remove your Google account to avoid activating the Google Protection Lock feature.

To perform the reset, you may refer to this link. After resetting it, please refrain from restoring all of your files or installing any apps on the device. Try to charge it first without anything on the phone.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors