Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bciocco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,233
Message 1 of 14

Moto G4 gets g in a restart loop

My Moto G4 get stuck in a restart loop.

The M screen comes on, the phone vibrates then the screen goes black and it starts at the M screen again.

I have done a wipe and reset, with and without SIM and SD cards. I have also started with restoring all of my apps and settings and without restoring them.

After a restore it sometimes works until I shut it down. Other times, it will shut down on it's own and go into the loop. Sometimes, it will eventually restart if I let it go through the loop for a while.

Is there anything else I can do?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,225
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moto G4 gets g in a restart loop

Hi bciocco,

Thank you for testing, could you confirm if you re able to replicate the same in safe mode? This also indicates towards an aging battery. Let me look into your checking data, please make sure "Moto Privacy is turned on" for us to further investigate the same.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
bciocco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,202
Message 3 of 14

It took a while for it to reboot in Safe Mode. The phone cycled in the loop for several minutes.

It turned off when I went to the privacy settings and recycled.

Motorola privacy settings are on.

My battery lasts all day. Do you think that it might be the issue?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,192
Message 4 of 14

@bciocco wrote:

It took a while for it to reboot in Safe Mode. The phone cycled in the loop for several minutes.

It turned off when I went to the privacy settings and recycled.

Motorola privacy settings are on.

My battery lasts all day. Do you think that it might be the issue?

Hi bciocco,

Thank you for writing to us, as you confirmed that after performing factory data reset without restoring any apps it works fine before the issue reappears again. Have you observed your device without restoring any apps? Does it still reboots and get stuck in a loop for a while?

It is possible that the battery could be the culprit, meanwhile please observe your device in the safe mode for a period of time to see if it still reboots or gets stuck in boot mode. Also, confirm on how long does it stay in the loop before you can use your device? How often do you see this?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
bciocco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,180
Message 5 of 14

The phone did shut off and go into a loop while it was in safe mode. It happened when I went to the privacy settings. It stayed in boot mode for more than ten minutes. I finally shut it down through the menu that comes up when you hold the power and volume down buttons.

It will go into the loop whenever it is power cycled or if I do almost anything on the phone.

I have not added any apps since I performed the factory reset yesterday. The only apps are those that came preloaded from Amazon. It does not currently have a SIM or SD card installed.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,144
Message 6 of 14

@bciocco wrote:

The phone did shut off and go into a loop while it was in safe mode. It happened when I went to the privacy settings. It stayed in boot mode for more than ten minutes. I finally shut it down through the menu that comes up when you hold the power and volume down buttons.

It will go into the loop whenever it is power cycled or if I do almost anything on the phone.

I have not added any apps since I performed the factory reset yesterday. The only apps are those that came preloaded from Amazon. It does not currently have a SIM or SD card installed.

Hi bciocco,

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

If not, service/repair would be the next option as the service team can diagnose your device and help accordingly.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

bciocco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,138
Message 7 of 14

I am not seeing a Developer Options area under settings.

I am going to send it in for repair. Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,098
Message 8 of 14

@bciocco wrote:

I am not seeing a Developer Options area under settings.

I am going to send it in for repair. Thanks.

Hi bciocco,

Sorry about the delay, to go to developer option;

1. Tap Settings
  2. Tap About phone.
  3. Tap the Build number field 7 times. You will begin seeing a message as you approach the 7 touches.
  4. USB Debugging

Or you can send it for service/repair so that the service engineer can further diagnose your device and help you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

bciocco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,092
Message 9 of 14

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

I sent the phone in to Motorola on Friday.

harryp62
Paper Tape
Views: 1,832
Message 10 of 14

My G4 started a loop at shut down last night. I charge my phone in the evening and shut it down (power off). Last night it started to loop instead of shutting down. I let it cycle untill the battery life ended hoping that it would shut down as the battery died. When I plugged it in this morning as soon as it had enough power to loop it whent right back into the loop.

Top Kudoed Authors