Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dodomoto
What's DOS?
Views: 243
Message 1 of 2

Moto G4 microphone doesn't work

I have bought a refurb moto G4 and the microphone doesn't work.  Made a call doesnt work.  Recorded a voice note on whatsapp.  Made a video on snapchat.  The audio is always the same.  It sounds like when you're in a phone conversation and the other person doesnt talk.

How can this be troubleshooted (and fixed).  

I note in a similar thread, a motorola rep has responded and advised to put it in safe mode.  But rather unhelpfully hasnt given any information on how to put it in to safe mode.  I have turned the phone off and held the volume buttons but I dont get a safe mode option.  I get on to a bootloader screen with a few options such as factory reset.

Very disappointed.  How can you make a phone that doesn't even have a functioning microphone. Stop focusing on extranous stuff like instagram and social media and make phones that work AS PHONES!!!!

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 208
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G4 microphone doesn't work

@dodomoto wrote:

I have bought a refurb moto G4 and the microphone doesn't work.  Made a call doesnt work.  Recorded a voice note on whatsapp.  Made a video on snapchat.  The audio is always the same.  It sounds like when you're in a phone conversation and the other person doesnt talk.

How can this be troubleshooted (and fixed).  

I note in a similar thread, a motorola rep has responded and advised to put it in safe mode.  But rather unhelpfully hasnt given any information on how to put it in to safe mode.  I have turned the phone off and held the volume buttons but I dont get a safe mode option.  I get on to a bootloader screen with a few options such as factory reset.

Very disappointed.  How can you make a phone that doesn't even have a functioning microphone. Stop focusing on extranous stuff like instagram and social media and make phones that work AS PHONES!!!!

Hi dodomoto,

Thanks for posting, 

We are sorry to know about this, can you please follow the mentioned steps here and let us know. Also, request you try the below checkpoints.

Steps

1 ) Please perform a Soft Reset on your device and check
2 ) Please perform Hardware test on your device
You can go to the Device Help > Fix > Hardware Tests. Let us know if it passes or fails.
3 ) Reset the preferences for the apps by doing this: Settings> Applications>Three dots on the upper right corner> Reset app preferences.
If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors