09-18-2016 11:17 AM
Moto G4 phone suddenly stopped working. Screen not getting on by presseing power button. Tried Long pressing power button couple of time but no benefit. but out of surprice LED besides fingerprint scanner is blinking continuously.
Please anybody help if any idea what to do next.
09-18-2016 03:21 PM
This can happen if you let the phone's battery die completely. Even though you plug it in, the phone cannot start. Here are suggestions from MOTO.
From Moto Customer Service Troubleshooting Battery Problems
PHONE WON'T TURN ON Step 1 of 4
In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, try a force reboot.
Press and hold the power key for up to 30 seconds to perform a force reboot on the device.
Note: Data on your phone will not be deleted
Tip: If reboot was not successful you should attempt the reboot while connected to a wall charger.
If that does not work...
PHONE WON'T TURN ON Step 2 of 4
Check battery level
|Phone is not charged to at least 5%||It is not plugged in||It may not power up|
|You do not see the battery meter after 30 seconds||Press and hold the Power button for up to 30|
seconds with the device plugged in
|The device will restart and go through the|
normal boot-up sequence.
|The battery meter reaches a charge greater than 5%||It is either plugged in or not||You can power the device on|
* It will take approximately 15-20 minutes with the supplied charger to charge the device to a minimal level to power the device back on.
* Do not use the charger connected to a USB Port as the charging rate is much lower and could take a few hours to charge the device to a minimal level.
* If the battery is fully depleted it is recommended that you use only a Motorola charger to recharge the device.
PHONE WON'T TURN ON Step 3 of 4
Charging system & habits checklist:
* It is recommended that you power cycle the device every 48 hours. A power cycle will turn off any apps that could be inadvertently running in the background, and draining the battery.
* Remove any case on the device, as this may impede the charger/port connection
* Ensure the charging cable is not only fitting snug in the device, but also the cable is fitting snug into the charger.
* Verify charger being used - we recommend using only approved wall charger (one that shipped with phone). Check to ensure both charger and USB cable are correct.
* Is phone being used while charging? (using the phone while charging will impact the actual amount of charge a phone will receive)
* How long are you charging the device for? (at least 4 hours for a full charge recommended)
Things to be aware of:
* When using the dual port charger to charge multiple devices, your phone will also charge at a slower charge rate.
* After a software update you should start to see operating battery life improve after approximately 3 days. Please use for 5 days minimum after upgrade to start to determine actual battery life.
* You should not recharge your mobile device in temperatures below 0°C (32°F) or above 45°C (113°F).
LAST RESORT from MOTO is a factory reset which is found here:
However, a number of threads on XDA forum and other Android discussion sites offer this list of instructions for an earlier model of the Moto G. (I DO NOT PERSONALLY KNOW if this WORKS, but am only passing on the info from this URL (the Moto G Blogspot)
1) Plug it into the charger
2) Hold the VOL DOWN key
3) While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key
4) Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds. This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes.
5) After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.
6) The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted
7) Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.
09-18-2017 07:12 PM
10-10-2017 12:28 PM
My Moto G4 plus went into this mode, interestingly, after I downloaded 2 software install patches, which the phone prompted me to install. The first one installed ok, and then phone restarted back up. When the second one was downloaded, something happened ... and the battery power got wiped out. So, the software install did something to the battery power!
10-17-2017 08:48 AM
I did all given step but still my phone is not power up and I m facing same problem blinking white led. I connecte my phone with wall charger more than 1 hour with Moto charger but after I applied all instructions again but I don't got any success result to switch on my phone
Plz reply and Shar esome solution with me for this issue
11-22-2017 12:04 PM
My moto g4 plus was dead after upgrade to Android 6.0 to Android 7.0 but i solved the freakin issue, if you want to save your money just subscribe to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaMontti . In the comment section just send me your mail id and i'll tell you the procedures. Hit like & subscribe if you new make sure share this msg to every one who want to save his moto g4 & g4 plus. If you want to your moto g4 or g4 plus back in working condition just change the ("#$_@6-+5") & reinstall the stock firmware android 7.0 and your moto g4/ g4 plus will work again.
Warning : I'm not responsible for any type of damage (software or hardware) & falier procedures that may accur. Kindly do it at your own risk.©
02-18-2018 06:27 AM
my mobile was stepped down so suddenly mobile switched off. I pressed power button but no changes.
display only black or blank,then i put tried to charged only LED light blinking. This symptoms happened and no any changes on my mobile.