cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamil396
Paper Tape
Views: 2,813
Message 11 of 19

Re: Moto G4 phone stopped working. Only indication LED near fingerprint scanner is blinking

I am waiting for your reply
nachtfrost23
Paper Tape
Views: 2,428
Message 12 of 19

Re: Moto G4 phone stopped working. Only indication LED near fingerprint scanner is blinking

Mrkapilji
What's DOS?
Views: 1,945
Message 13 of 19

My G4 Plus is not showing any type of indication light near to the fingerprint sensor and do not turning on when I replace the battery it started working but the battery is now not charging and the phone has become dead please help need your help

Kingindenorth
What's DOS?
Views: 1,924
Message 14 of 19

The last 7 steps work like a charm!

preetesh1994
What's DOS?
Views: 1,894
Message 15 of 19

LAST 7 STEPS WORKSSmiley Happy THANK YOU

VinRaghav
Paper Tape
Views: 1,024
Message 16 of 19

SAME. How did you get it work?

VinRaghav
Paper Tape
Views: 1,024
Message 17 of 19

Have you fixed it yet?
VinRaghav
Paper Tape
Views: 1,023
Message 18 of 19

Moto G4 has non removable battery. What are you talking about?
hikernick
What's DOS?
Views: 988
Message 19 of 19

In my case, it was as simple as using a different charger. Despite being plugged in for many hours into a USB mains socket, and later to a Samsung travel charger, the phone remained unresponsive except for the blinking LED. Then I found a YouTube video that suggested more power was needed, and trying different chargers, was able to find one that jolted it into life. I don't own an original Motorola charger, so I'm unable to say if this would have fixed it, but the YT video suggested that occasionally, even that is not sufficient. My mains sockets are rated at 2A, but they didn't start the charging process. It seems that when the battery is fully discharged, it requires a higher current to start it charging again.

Other observations:

When near to dead, you may get a logo on the screen consisting of a yellow triangle inside a circle, with an exclamation mark inside it. This stays for a second or two then disappears. The phone does not boot.

When completely dead, the screen will not turn on at all, and the LED will blink. 

The blinking pattern changes according to whether the phone is charging or not. Somewhat counter-intuitively, regular flashes once a second or so indicate that no charging is taking place. Longer flashes with bigger pauses, indicate that it is. When the LED turns off, the phone should power up. During the period of long flashes, while the battery is below about 2%, you can press the power button briefly and you should get the lightning flash on the screen showing it is charging. Attempting to power it on will bring up the yellow triangle logo. Be patient and wait for the LED to go off.

Top Kudoed Authors