Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 21 of 58 (8,132 Views)

Re: Moto G4 plus - VERY fickle bluetooth

Darn it. After all of that...the same problem recurs. I am being forced to re-boot to connect. Connects to the last device used, but will not connect to another one until re-started.  I wish someone could do something to solve this. Don't understand why it just started recently. Purchased the phone last July. I am resisting doing a full reset because of the inconvenience and do not know if it will work. Curious if this is a symptom of complete bluetooth failure ahead.

Do not think I will buy another Lenovo/Moto phone. Motorola used to be a reliable brand, now just part of a name. I left an early Motorola phone on top of my car, drove off, pulled onto the highway, and only saw it as it was sliding off into the ditch at 50 mph. Took me an hour to find it, but it started and worked for another six months until I replaced it. That was the good ole' days.

susanb
Blue Screen Again
Message 22 of 58 (8,132 Views)

Hope yours still works, mine reverted to it's old games. 

susanb
Punch Card
Message 23 of 58 (8,104 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes it is becoming very frustrating now, I'm still unable to connect to any of my bluetooth devices. So far I have:

Restartedthe phone in safe mode

Reset the network settings

Deleted, reset and paired the devices again

Cleared bluetooth share cache and data

Factory reset using both my back up account and setting up as a new phone

And still no working bluetooth, this is my first Motorola phone and sad to say if they cannot fix this issue it will be my last. 

edit 18/02/17 I have taken my handset back to the suplier this morning for the second time and after I showed them the issue in the shop by trying to connect to one of thier phones they have agreed  there is an issue and they are going to send it off to thier repairers to see if they can fix the issue 

Punch Card
Message 24 of 58 (8,073 Views)

Same thing is happening with my G4 would be great if someone could find a fix for this

Fanfold Paper
Message 25 of 58 (8,048 Views)

Add me to the list.

I have a G4, the BT worked fine on Wednesday, then would not connect to my car on Thursday or Friday.

Searches and searches, then says no device and no device files.

Another phone works fine....so it has to be this phone.

Why can't a FIX be issued?
You just know there are MANY out there who have not found this forum.

Fanfold Paper
Message 26 of 58 (8,026 Views)

[ Edited ]

If they figure it out, please post it here.

Seems like Lenovo doesn't have a permanent answer at this time.

##########

and, does this cover the Moto 4th gen???

http://www.pioneernews.in/2017/01/20/google-to-release-fix-for-android-7-1-1-nougats-in-car-bluetoot...

and if so, there is a fix....but unknown when it will be available

http://phandroid.com/2017/01/19/nexus-6p-5x-in-car-bluetooth-issue/

What's DOS?
Message 27 of 58 (7,960 Views)

I'm having exactly the same problems on my Moto G4 as described by others on this forum. Is Motorola/Lenovo planning on issuing a fix for this? I only bought my phone a week ago - I'm quite tempted to return this under withing the 14 day return period if there is no fix coming soon.

SCSI Port
Message 28 of 58 (7,939 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think this is probably related somehow to a faulty app update. This issue appeared out of nowhere to a lot of users at the same time and even after a system reset it still happens. But some users claim that if they block app updates just after a system reset, this bug doesn’t show up anymore.

Highlighted
Punch Card
Message 29 of 58 (7,926 Views)

[ Edited ]

This worked for me! Give it a try

I found the culprit / solution (at least in my case) until the bug is fixed ! I think the culpright is google maps update.

The problem is in the location settings! Go to settings, location, click on the 3 dots at the top right, choose "analyze" and deactivate "search for Bluetooth". After this change, Bluetooth has been up and running again, with no need to reboot cellphone, end Bluetooth sharing processes or airplane mode.

Punch Card
Message 30 of 58 (7,899 Views)

Vonpire wrote:

The problem is in the location settings! Go to settings, location, click on the 3 dots at the top right, choose "analyze" and deactivate "search for Bluetooth". After this change, Bluetooth has been up and running again, with no need to reboot cellphone, end Bluetooth sharing processes or airplane mode.

It works for me too!

Top kudoed Authors