Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lognobl
Paper Tape
Views: 399
Message 11 of 14

Re: Moto G4 plus automatic shutdown after oreo update and huge battery drain

My Moto G4 plus also keeps shutting down with no known reason, and when I restart it, I see the battery has emptied a lot (see picture)

I've already wiped the cache, done a factory reset, recalibrated the battery. Can someone tell me what the problem is ? 

Will there soon be an update correcting the issue ?Screenshot_20190605-135922.png

Satheeshk545
Punch Card
Views: 389
Message 12 of 14

Hi,

From my experience, after reading all the posts of moderators(as well as users), this issue is not going to be resolved. Have you seen anywhere in these forums that a moderator openly accepted something as an issue and did fix? What they know is

1. Factory reset

2. Safe mode

3. Calibrate battery

We all have already tried all these methods, and what they are not understanding is that these are basics and we are reaching out to them for a real solution.

Highlighted
Satheeshk545
Punch Card
Views: 388
Message 13 of 14

And to answer your question, don't expect any update from them as according to them this is normal. Everything is normal, like battery lasting only for one hour, automatically shutting down, etc.,are normal behaviours of a phone.

naveenchebrolu
Paper Tape
Views: 164
Message 14 of 14

Even I have the same problem since i updated to oreo.. It was good wen on nougat. So it's definitely a software issue.

I suspect if Motorola/Lenovo wantedly put in a bug so that we would stop using this and buy a new mobile from them.

If the issue is not fixed only option is to downgrade back to nougat or buy a new mobile which is definitely not going to be from Motorola or Lenovo ever again.

Top Kudoed Authors