01-03-2018 02:36 AM
My Moto G4 plus keeps dropping Wifi connection soon after it connects. I have noticed that it even fails to connect to some Wifi networks.
The Wifi network that I am trying to connect to at home is perfectly working since all other devices at home connect to it without any problems. I have also noticed that the cellular signal gets knocked off the moment the Wifi connection drops on my phone.
This was not the case a month ago. I received a new modem router and I thought that it was because of this but I am unable to connect to any wifi network. I have tried the few fixes that were available online (Turning off the Wifi scanning and also switching it to GPS only) but it did not resolve the issue. I also performed a factory reset and the problem exists. There is another friend of mine who has the exact same model that was purchased a few weeks after I bought my phone and has the same Wifi connectivity problem.
I have noticed that a lot of people in the forum have similar issues, but I have not come across a permanent fix. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
01-03-2018 02:09 AM
My Moto G4 plus Mobile not getting reconnected to WiFi automatically to my home WiFi, though it is usually the first item when I get back to home. It wants me to enable wifi (which goes off) most times. Even if WiFi is on I need to manually connect though it is the first item!! Auto connect is not happening!!
Any solution please?
01-03-2018 03:23 AM
Sorry to hear about that, we will try to help you find and resolve the issues.
Check your device in safe mode, to find if this is an app issue?
If the above step does not solve the problem, then clear the list of paired routers from the list. Long tap on the SSID, i.e. the name of the network in Wi-Fi settings and select Forget network to delete it from the list. Post clearing the list, log in to your Wi-Fi network and try accessing the internet.
If you are unable to resolve the issues yet, then we would request you to reset the network settings on your device. For this, go to Settings -> Backup & reset -> Network settings reset. Now connect to the network and again and give it a try.
Let us know if this help?
01-03-2018 03:36 AM
Thank you for your response. I checked on the safe mode and the phone still doesnt connect to a wifi network. I had tried the back and reset option last night and that did not work either.
In addition I have also tried the forget network and connect method. These do not seem to solve the problem.
I am sure it is something to do with an update that was installed for the android OS
01-03-2018 08:59 AM
The discussion forum that you had pointed me to earlier does not have any solutions to the problem.I agree opening a new topic creates clutter but all that I see there are more and more people complaining about the same problem without a solution to this problem. Most of them have tried what you have suggested and none of that works.
01-05-2018 12:25 AM
We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.
Also, share us your wifi -make and model?
Please take a bug report. We will share this with our product team for investigation.
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behaviour in local time.
Please make sure to turn off developer options after you create the report, otherwise it can cause issues on the phone with the additional logged being enabled in the background.
01-07-2018 10:09 AM
01-07-2018 10:11 AM
01-08-2018 03:24 AM
Thank for sharing Bug report, we have forwarded the same to our engineer team for further investigation. We will keep you posted here once we receive an update in regards to the same.