Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodycosta
What's DOS?
Views: 2,563
Message 11 of 21

Re: Moto z play in WiFi not connect

I also have this annoying issue after my g4 play updated to Nougat. I had no issues with my home wifi before this update, but it started right after the update was done.

It seems to be a kind of a compatibility issue since it doesn´t happen to all wifi networks.

The behaviour is the same related in other threads and forums. The phone connects to the network, receives its ip address and quickly disconnects, never beeing able to get a stable connection.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,550
Message 12 of 21

Hi, woodycosta.

Have you tried to reset the wifi and reconnect if that helps? 

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behaviour in local time.

Thanks,

Swaraj

-Moto Support

xDanKax
Paper Tape
Views: 2,479
Message 13 of 21

i have the same problem. 

Send the bug report

AngeloM
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,148
Message 14 of 21

WiFi randomly disconnecting on Moto G4 and other issues

Hello,

This is my first post, and I'm really desperate for help, so I'll try my best to cover what's been happening to me.

I'm having a couple of issues regarding my wifi connections with my Moto G4. Here it follows:

- Even though others devices are connected perfectly, my Moto G4 randomly disconnects from the wifi, or as soon as it connects, it doesn't take long to disconnect again.

- Now, even when connected, sometimes (and currently) it says that is "Connected, no Internet" even though I have other devices connected on the same network, same router, same wifi, that are working perfectly.

- And finally, now that it says "Connected, no Internet", as long as I stay connected to this network, this device does not allow me to use my mobile data. This is a minor issue, but I know that when connected to a network with no internet, the smartphone should change to mobile data automatically.

I've already been to a couple of other topics here on this type of issue, like the following: Moto G4 plus dropping wifi connections frequently and not connecting to other wifi networks and Wifi dropping out Moto G4, and I've tried most of the methods suggested by your personnel.

So I've ruled out some of the usual suspects:

- The router, since I've not experienced any of these issues on other devices (an iPhone, a Chromecast and a notebook Lenovo G50)

- App issue, I've checked my device on safe mode and the issues still occurred

- SSID problem, I've repeatedly clicked on "Forget" the network just to connect again and still experience the issues

- And I've done the Network settings reset, and still did not solve my problem

- I've rebooted both the phone and router many times with almost no improvements 

However, I noticed a pattern whenever I try to connect and the phone disconnects me right away. When accessing the "Configure Wi-Fi" menu, on the "IP address" info, if the IPv4 address (192.168.x.xx) is not shown, or showed last, moments after connecting, the phone will always disconnect me. To solve this, I've tried to reboot the router, and it did help but not for long, if I try to reconnect or if the phone disconnects me for any reason, the issue will reappear. Now I'm experiencing the "Connected, no Internet" issue even with this being posted through the very same router as the one my phone is connected to.

Finally, I'm already thankful for your help, I'll try to answer any reply to this topic as soon as possible. I'm eager to solve this issue and I hope I get replied soon. 

hedgehog90
Paper Tape
Views: 2,007
Message 15 of 21

Re: WiFi randomly disconnecting on Moto G4 and other issues

Exactly the same issue as the poster above.

Clearly a bug in the firmware, please fix it.

Yessk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,065
Message 16 of 21

Re: Moto G4 plus dropping wifi connections frequently and not connecting to other wifi networks

Hello

I have been having the same issue a month ago. I like my phone, that's the only problem it has. Please... HELP!!!

Thanks

hedgehog90
Paper Tape
Views: 1,049
Message 17 of 21

Re: Moto G4 plus dropping wifi connections frequently and not connecting to other wifi networks

I suffered with this problem for almost a year.

The only solution I found was to flash back to the original unrooted stock firmware that came installed when I bought the phone (Android 6.0.1).

It does occasionally lose wifi still, but before it was rampant. Going back to stock firmware has made a massive improvement. The few occasional dropouts within the home (maybe twice in the last week?) are more likely due to the flakiness of the router's wifi, rather than my phone.

Yessk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,034
Message 18 of 21

Thanks, hedgehog90, you are great. I was expecting a response from LENOVO IT team but, I am glad you did solve the problem. I will try that, then. Have a great day.

EDiPaolo
What's DOS?
Views: 396
Message 19 of 21

See bug report. Issue began about a week or so ago. Consistently getting knocked off hime wifi. Not occuring on any other devices. Reset network settings didn't resolve issue. What other actions should I take? Please help.

norse0223
Fanfold Paper
Views: 364
Message 20 of 21

I was having this problem for several months. So, I bit the bullet and did a factory reset.

No more dropped connections.

Top Kudoed Authors