Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abrock6215
Paper Tape
Views: 531
Message 21 of 25

Re: WiFi randomly disconnecting on Moto G4 and other issues

I am having the same problem. My wifi on my Moto G4 Plus is constantly disconnecting from wifi, it just started happening today. 1-31-19.

It is not working even after resetting everything. I would like to know how to get this issue fixed as soon as possible.

Hopefully someone will have an answer soon.

hedgehog90
Paper Tape
Views: 318
Message 22 of 25

Jesus Christ, they still haven't fixed this.

Seriously, what the **Removed** are Motorola/Lenovo playing at? This is unbelievably bad service.

I encountered this issue as soon as I installed the 1st December 2017 android security patch, around the time it was released.

I had to flash my phone with the original 6.0 stock rom to fix it. And that's the only way to fix it it seems.

However, since then I've been pestered for months with system updates, at least once a day.

One day I accidentally hit 'Yes I'm in', and it downloaded (but not installed) the update.

Now the pestering reached insane levels abnd only seemed to get worse as time went on. They must have programmed it to reduce the interval each time the notification was shown, I was getting the notification every few minutes, sometimes it would reappear just a moment after hitting the no button.

Needless to say, it made the phone a nightmare to use, so the other day I caved and installed the update.

First, it bricked my phone! I had to use the adb commandline to boot it after the update!

I still had a string of system updates to install, and I figured the issue with the wifi would be fixed by now, so I went and installed all 4 of them. It was the 1st december 2017 security patch where the wifi returned to its broken state, and the April 18 update didn't fix it.

So now I'm forced to revert to the original stock firmware again.

This problem has persisted for 18 months since it was first reported and nothing has been done to fix it.

Motorola/Lenovo technical support, you are beyond awful at your jobs. I don't know why there are not more unhappy customers damning your name in this thread.

Not to mention, my first Moto G was plagued with a bug which stopped me being able to make or receive phone calls, which prompted me to get the G4!

They broke my phone, and I went and bought another from them. This is the literal definition of insanity. Shame on me.

Don't be fooled by the Lenovo correspondants in this thread, they actively do not want to fix this, this much is clear.

When they break the firmware, they make a profit from chumps like us buying the latest model.

Why would they fix it? This is capitalism, folks!

Users: stay away from this company. Buy your phones elsewhere.

Stargates73
Blue Screen Again
Views: 217
Message 23 of 25

I decided to take the update and have the same problem. Can you share the links or steps to to where I can get the Stock Rom to revert back like you did?

This would help others.

Thank you in advance 

Prats88
What's DOS?
Views: 78
Message 24 of 25

Re: Moto z play in WiFi not connect

Is this problem solved? I am facing this issue recently with my home WiFi network only whereas all other devices working fine with the same router. I am unable to fix this issue following many guidelines as stop scanning networks and so on. Please help me with this issue. Struggling a lot since last one month.

Prats88
What's DOS?
Views: 78
Message 25 of 25

Re: Moto z play in WiFi not connect

any update on this?
Top Kudoed Authors