Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
celtron
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,863
Message 1 of 17

Moto G4 plus random power off, weird battery issues

Screenshot_20170917-203840.png

Phone randomly turns off, especially when camera is engaged but also at other times. Battery stats show a drain on the battery but not full loss of charge. This started very suddenly and is getting worse. Factory reset and battery calibration did not solve the issue. Can anyone verify if the issue is hardware (battery) or software?

It's still within warranty, should I just send the phone in for replacement or is there an easier fix possible?

phalkon30
Paper Tape
Views: 5,758
Message 2 of 17

Re: Moto G4 plus random power off, weird battery issues

My wife's G4 started doing this, it's awful. Unfortunately it was out of waranty.

I tried two different replacement batteries on Amazon, they're both crap and one even dies at 90% charge now.

Contact support while you still can, the problem will only get worse until you can't use the phone.

Aryanpoudel
What's DOS?
Views: 4,254
Message 3 of 17

Hii
erackley
What's DOS?
Views: 3,830
Message 4 of 17

MIne started doing this recently as well, not related to battery consumption, which is still ok. But random shut offs of the phone and then not restarting unless plugged in make it more than a simple battery issue. 

I see no response from Motorola to this thread.

tusharchavan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,040
Message 5 of 17

Same problem with my phone too. This happen more when notification arrive.

Motorola doesnt seem to have solution for this.

Mandragor
What's DOS?
Views: 2,595
Message 6 of 17

Hi everyone, 

I have a Motorola Moto G4 Plus with the same problem. The mobile switch off before the battery life ends. 

Can anyone help me to solve the problem?

My mobile is still in warranty.

Thanks in advance.

celtron
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,590
Message 7 of 17

I'd send it in for replacement. None of the fixes I tried worked (battery calibration, system reset, extended power off, uninstalled android updates, banging it against the wall in frustration...), and it kept getting worse. I got it replaced, hoping it won't happen again.
minhas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,469
Message 8 of 17

Moto g4 plus random shutdowns and faulty camera flash.

I bought my moto g4 plus in may 2016. I am One of the first to buy this phone when I was launched because of my trust in the brand MOTOROLA. Since past 6 months I am facing these 2 issues:

1. Camera flash isn’t working properly. It flashes a Yellow tinged light and the photos taken with are really DARK.

2. Random phone shut downs. Happens atleast 5 times a day. Phone switches off automatically upon : receiving calls, watching videos, receiving alerts. The most irritating part is that the incoming call, when the phone shuts off, won’t be in the history/logs. You got no way of knowing who called you.

I tried everything you techies on this forum suggested which includes : wipe cache, reset battery, hard/factory reset the phone, safe mode..etc. Nothing helps!!!

Guys please help us out. An awful lot of us are in this community who are facing the very same issue. We bought your product trusting the brand MOTOROLA / Lenovo. Please don’t ignore this message and leave us in the dark. Get your tech team to work on this issue or atleast do a courtesy recall of the product to rectify this shutdown issue for heaven’s sake.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,446
Message 9 of 17

@Mandragor wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I have a Motorola Moto G4 Plus with the same problem. The mobile switch off before the battery life ends. 

Can anyone help me to solve the problem?

My mobile is still in warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear about that, at what % of battery does this happen usually? Have you tried calibrating the battery? Try to calibrate your battery first- here is the link: bit.ly/2lo1l3j 

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how this goes?

-Swaraj

Magus9
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,167
Message 10 of 17

I sent mine in and they sent me another that does exactly the same.

This a.m. I took it off charger and within minutes the battery dropped to almost nothing. It's the hardware. Motorola offered me a 3rd MOTOG4Plus but wanted me to pay $$$. 

Top Kudoed Authors