Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 156 (87,693 Views)

Moto G4 plus rear camera glass scratches

After purchase Moto G4 Plus, in just 1 month rear camera glass gets so much scratches on glass so that rear camera photos getted completely blur image. camera quality is just worst. I had back cover installed to protect glass but still gets scratches. My four friends have Moto G4 plus , they all had same issue, all had scratches on glass. rear camera glass quality is not upto standard.

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 156 (77,179 Views)

Re: Moto G4 plus rear camera glass scratches

I purchased two Moto G4 Plus mobile, both are having the same issue. Within a 1 month of time I see  rear camera glass gets so many scratches  and I'm no longer able to click clear pictures. 

I went to moto service center and they are not even ready to listen to the problem. Their executives are saying that this scratch wasn't there when I purchased so they can not do anything in that. 

Does anyone have any suggestion on this?  

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 156 (83,833 Views)

I purchased g4 plus 4 months ago.From the date onwards i was using back cover then also the camera has got many scratches .Previously i was using xperia for about three years without any back cover but its camera doesn't got any scratches. Now i understood the quality of your products. My friends who purchased the same phone also faces the same problem.When i started using the phone i actually loved it and i suggested this phone to many of my friends.I will never suggest this phone to any one now.

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 156 (83,573 Views)

I to facing same problem from one month and roaming customer care centers in hyd but no use they are saying it wont come in warranty.Even though if we are ready to pay money but there is no stock availablity itseems what to do is there any ather way.

Kindly respond moto Team this is not only one customer issue its almost those who have ourchased moto g 4 plus mobile

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 156 (83,570 Views)

Yes moto service center dosent cover this in warranty and taking too much time and money(INR 1200) for repair.

Is there any way to register gravience against motorola india for given poorquality glass.

Motorola should replace glass without any cost.

Rajesh477 wrote:

I to facing same problem from one month and roaming customer care centers in hyd but no use they are saying it wont come in warranty.Even though if we are ready to pay money but there is no stock availablity itseems what to do is there any ather way.

Kindly respond moto Team this is not only one customer issue its almost those who have ourchased moto g 4 plus mobile

Rajesh477 wrote:

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 156 (83,344 Views)

Same issues for me too , 3 phones got ruined
Blue Screen Again
Message 7 of 156 (82,939 Views)

I am also having same issue .when I bought this phone I was very happy with image quality. But in 2 months rear glass got so many scratches that , photos taken are of very bad quality.i feel like I am having 3MP camera.never gonna buy Moto/lenovo phones. Lenovo just ruined moto brand with cheap components

Blue Screen Again
Message 8 of 156 (82,928 Views)

After doing some research on Google & our very own XDA I found out that the scratches are actually not on the camera glass but on the Oleophobic coating applied on the rear camera glass. There are lots of videos available on Youtube on how to remove scratches on mobile camera glass, the procedure usually needs regular white toothpaste or Rubbing Alcohol etc (Process is very simple). My moto g4 plus's camera was giving blurred pics due to those scratches but I finally got rid of those issues. One thing is for sure that Moto has used a cheap quality Oleophobic coating on the rear camera glass & they must provide a replacement for that.

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 156 (82,881 Views)

Does using white paste or rubbing alcohol on the lens solve the issue of scratches and blurry images ???

Blue Screen Again
Message 10 of 156 (82,878 Views)

Yes it does. Rear camera screen does not look 100% clean after the procedure but the quality of the pics taken is 100%. Check youtube videos for more info.
Top Kudoed Authors