Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbhilashC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,209
Message 1 of 15

Moto G4 plus restarting frequently

My Moto G4 Plus is restarting for every one minute. When pattern is entered to unlock the phone, it restarts again making me not able to check even the contacts of my phone. I have tried safe mode. But when I enter the pattern to unlock it reeboots again.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,941
Message 2 of 15

Re: Moto G4 plus restarting frequently

@AbhilashC wrote:

My Moto G4 Plus is restarting for every one minute. When pattern is entered to unlock the phone, it restarts again making me not able to check even the contacts of my phone. I have tried safe mode. But when I enter the pattern to unlock it reeboots again.

It sounds like a factory reset is the only option.  If you cant do it from the gui, then an external reset is needed. 

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/110630/p/30,6720,9687

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
bvkprasad
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,907
Message 3 of 15

I even did a factory reset which didn't help. my phone is not restarting every minute but have the similar problem of getting hanged and restarting automatically when trying to unlock and this happens for atleast 4-5 times a day. 

AbhilashC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,816
Message 4 of 15

The thing is that my volume down button is not working. I mean I am not able to press it. It has been pushed down. Is there any other option to factory reset ?

Ana50
What's DOS?
Views: 3,759
Message 5 of 15

Re: Moto G4 plus TOQUE FANTASMA

Comprei um celular em Maio de 2017 desde sempre ele tem toque fantasma, já foi duas vezes pra assistência e só volta pior. Agora estou aguardando o laudo da Motorola que nunca chega. Se alguém puder me ajudar eu agradeço, uma vez que Jajá a garantia do aparelho acaba.
Magus9
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,722
Message 6 of 15

Factory reset does NOT work. 

I'm on my second Moto G4 Plus and nobody at Motorola support can provide a genuine fix for the constant random shutdowns and crazy misleading battery information that appears once it begins to malfunction, which is every single day. For instance, one minute my phone shows the battery is at 85%, then it will randomly shut itself off.  Keep in mind that I don't even have to touch anything for this to occur but it is especially problematic if I try to use Google Maps. (Yes, all of this can and does happen even if I restart it in SafeMode.) Once this random shutting down begins the phone may OR may not power back up. If it comes back up, it does so just long enough for me to see the battery now red lining with around 3% before shutting off again. When this happens (which, like I've said, is everyday, at any time, even right off an all nighter on the rapid wall charger) my Moto G4 Plus will NOT power back up and stay on UNLESS it is re- connected to an electrical outlet via the Motorola wall charger.

I have tried everything Motorola/Lenova support has suggested --  except give them another $125 for a third Moto G4 Plus!

The fact that they have not even acknowledged it is a hardware issue us outrageous.

Zeepooh
Paper Tape
Views: 3,248
Message 7 of 15

I had the same issue. The battery on my drill does the same thing. These batteries by design will shut off when voltage drops below a certain cutoff. It is a safety issue because of possible fire. I replaced my battery and my phone has not shut off in weeks. Remember to take care of your battery. Try not to leave in hot car and keep it charged to high level. I slow charge my now and had on problems with new battery. Find the best battery you can find.
Dipak36
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,188
Message 8 of 15

Same issues with me

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,149
Message 9 of 15

@Dipak36 wrote:

Same issues with me

Hello, Dipak36.

Sorry about that, just to narrow down have you tried any troubleshooting steps? If not, please perform clear data/cache and calibrate your device? Calibration occurs by applying a full charge, discharge, and charge. Battery analyzers serve as a valuable tool to calibrate a smart battery. An analyzer fully charges the battery and then applies a controlled discharge that provides the all-important capacity readings of the chemical battery.

Let us know your observation?

Best, 

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Dipak36
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,118
Message 10 of 15

I did all the steps 

What I observe the phone shut down automatic and I physically power on the device 

Although the recent app are there but phone shuts down 

And

If I use phone while charging the phone never shuts down automatically 

Why I don't know 

Plz let me know !

Or give me new phone

Top Kudoed Authors