Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnozawa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,506
Message 1 of 25

Moto G4 wifi disconnects

My Moto G4 disconnects from the wifi and shows disabled in Settings. Most times I have to manually reconnect and often the wifi reverts to Saved. This happens at anytime and just occurred when sending this email. I've tried troubleshooting tips to no avail. My old g2 still stays connected without issue. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,466
Message 2 of 25

Re: Moto G4 wifi disconnects

Hi rnozawa,

What are those troubleshooting steps you tried? Would you please be more specific on what are those?

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

rnozawa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,457
Message 3 of 25

Turned phone off and on. 

Cancelled WiFi network in settings and re-entered password. 

Turned wifi off and on. 

Made sure of settings while sleeping. 

Sometimes when I would hit connect the wifi would immediately show saved. After several attempts I would restart the wifi and it would connect. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,422
Message 4 of 25

Hi rnozawa,

Have you tried to check if wifi scanning is disabled? To check, go to Settings> Location> Scanning> toggle off wifi scanning if it is on.

Tried to forget the wifi connection and tried to connect it back with the correct password of the phone.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

rnozawa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,409
Message 5 of 25

Tried your last suggestion but still get disconnected. 

rnozawa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,340
Message 6 of 25

Can I downgrade to marshmallow? My g2 with marshmallow does not have this problem. My G4 with nougat disconnects 10-30 times per hour. 

rnozawa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,148
Message 7 of 25

What are the chances that this problem will be fixed anytime in the near future. I have tried everything that you've suggested plus several other solutions that I have found online to no avail. Again, my Moto g2 does not have this issue. Short of getting rid if this Moto G4 that I purchased only two months ago, is there anything else I can do? Will there be a nougat update soon to fix the problem? Reconnecting to wifi every 10-15 minutes and often times more is getting very tedious.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,111
Message 8 of 25

Hi rnozawa,

If everything has been tried and resetting the phone without restoring anything didn't work, you may send it in for repair to have it fixed.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

rnozawa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,066
Message 9 of 25

I am currently hospitalized recovering from open heart surgery so taking the phone in it not an option. If you have read the other potst here then you can tell it is not a hardware issue but a nougat issue. My question is can you fix this and if not can I go back to marshmallow?

LizzyB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,960
Message 10 of 25

I purchased my Moto G4 a couple of months ago and it worked fine until this week. Now, it is continually hunting for wifi and although it can see it clearly and signs in, it quickly disconnects again. My laptop and tablet are connected to my home wifi and have no problems. I have tried all the fixes suggested on this thread and on others. Do you have a fix available, or should I take it back to the shop?

Top Kudoed Authors