Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 825
Message 11 of 25

Re: Moto G4 wifi disconnects

Hi LizzyB,

Have you tried to put it in safe mode? There are instances that third party app is causing your wifi to keep scanning for any other wifi connections. To put it in safe mode, here's the link on how to do it. 

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

LizzyB
Paper Tape
Views: 823
Message 12 of 25

When I got home today, none of my devices were connecting with wifi, so I contacted my provider and they seem to have fixed the problem. It may be this remote issue was what was affecting my phone for the last several days, but not my other devices? We'll see - in the meantime I'll do as you suggest and look at the apps on my phone which may have been causing the problem. Many thanks!

LizzyB
Paper Tape
Views: 808
Message 13 of 25

Hi Jess, I've followed your advice and run the phone in safe mode. It stayed connected to wifi whilst in safe mode and didn't drop out, so I then deleted three apps and it seems to have stabilised. Since then it has been putting up a message saying: "No connection. Can't download attachments" but has now stopped doing that. The wifi icon frequently shows little up and down arrows within it - is this normal? (As part of my investigations I also changed channel on my wifi and have increased line speed by quite a bit, so that's a plus!). Many thanks for your help.

PS - the problem continued and I then spoke to the vendor of the phone. They suggested a factory reset which I've done. Wifi connection has stayed stable since then - watching and hoping this has resolved the issue.

LizzyB
Paper Tape
Views: 801
Message 14 of 25

Ok, sorry to say the phone has reverted to "off wifi". The amount of data I've used in the last couple of days suggests that it is hardly ever on wifi. I've taken off all third party apps and the situation hasn't changed. I can't afford to use the phone in this state, so will have to take it back to the shop, unless you can suggest a remedy?

bobsfl
Paper Tape
Views: 745
Message 15 of 25

i have been having WiFi issues since the upgrade in March.  finally thought it was a hardwate error and just received a replacement phone.  same issue, wifi is on for a few minutes, then is off and can not find any wifi even if there are multiple choices on every other device/pc.   I want to go back t the old operating system.

siggiG4
Fanfold Paper
Views: 741
Message 16 of 25

Betreff: Moto G4 wifi disconnects

Since I've updated my Moto G4 Plus to Nougat my phone lost Wifi connection, too!! Whenever I do a larger download my phone lost Wifi and connects itself after a few seconds. In 5 GHz mode it's more often than in 2,4 GHz... 

However, the problem occured first time after updating my phone. I didn't change anything in my network's settings and provider remains the same. And there are no known issues with other hardware using my Wifi.

I did a factory reset, started my phone using safe mode and checked my Wifi and phone settings... All attempts were in vain! 

That's only a guess but maybe this issue consists in traffic problems caused by the Nougat update or sth like that.

rnozawa
Paper Tape
Views: 649
Message 17 of 25

Since I have been unsuccessful at resolving this issue, I am considering purchasing the Moto g5s play. My g2 has no wifi issues but I have been reading the the g5 has similar wifi connectivity issues. Do I need to switch manufacturers?  I have been a loyal Motorola user since 2000.

Randy Ozawa

berndporr
What's DOS?
Views: 534
Message 18 of 25

I'm having the same problem. The Wifi works OK for a while and then no data is transferred any more.

Seems so that very long timeouts cause this problem as data is transferred at a very low rate. I need to reboot the phone to get it back to a normal state. Then it works for an hour or so and then I need to reboot it again.

This is independent of the router. I've experienced it with many differnet routers: at home, at work and with public wifi.

I have various Sony Mobiles and they all work fine. I've got a few different tablets and they also work fine.

I'm an Android developer and Linux kernel developer so if I can be of assistance to debug it then let me know if I should send dmesg or other any kind other other output I can get via adb for example. Happy to help.

Either way that looks like a very serious issue.

berndporr
What's DOS?
Views: 532
Message 19 of 25

I've attached a bug report from "./adb bugreport wifi_g4.zip". These are all the logs while the WIFI errors exist: no data transfer via wifi, even that the WIFI is on and seems to be connected.

rnozawa
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 20 of 25

@berndporr wrote:

I've attached a bug report from "./adb bugreport wifi_g4.zip". These are all the logs while the WIFI errors exist: no data transfer via wifi, even that the WIFI is on and seems to be connected.

Don't waste your time. I've been dealing with this problem for 8 months and Lenovo will not admit there is a problem. I've even asked if the G5 and G5S have similar issues because I considered upgrading to one of those and they never answered. The problem is not the phone, it's with their customer service. 

Top Kudoed Authors