Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ωμέγα
Punch Card
Views: 5,667
Message 1 of 14

Moto g4 Plus haptic feedback(vibration) stopped working after september update

Since the September's security update to the moto g4 plus. The vibration stopped working correctly. Sometimes work, and sometimes stops working. Before the update it was working fully and correctly. Also, seems to work with long and strong vibration. Like a call, enabling flashlight, etc. But for example, with keyboard typing or short and light vibrations sometimes work, and sometimes stops. It seems its NOT a hardware issue, the mechanical piece doesn't seem clogged or making any sound when it stops working (like if it was stuck, or problems with lubricant) I cleared the cache and it still stopa working. Any tips? Anyone have the same problem after the security update? Thanks
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,518
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moto g4 Plus haptic feedback(vibration) stopped working after september update

@ωμέγα wrote:
Since the September's security update to the moto g4 plus. The vibration stopped working correctly. Sometimes work, and sometimes stops working. Before the update it was working fully and correctly. Also, seems to work with long and strong vibration. Like a call, enabling flashlight, etc. But for example, with keyboard typing or short and light vibrations sometimes work, and sometimes stops. It seems its NOT a hardware issue, the mechanical piece doesn't seem clogged or making any sound when it stops working (like if it was stuck, or problems with lubricant) I cleared the cache and it still stopa working. Any tips? Anyone have the same problem after the security update? Thanks

Hi ωμέγα

I suggest doing a clear cache partition. This may help clear out temporary files caused by the recent update.  Hope it helps. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

ωμέγα
Punch Card
Views: 5,488
Message 3 of 14

Re: Moto g4 Plus haptic feedback(vibration) stopped working after september update

Hello, thanks for the response, but I stated that I already cleared the cache. Now im starting to think that is a hardware issue that coincidentally started after the update
naveen21553
Paper Tape
Views: 5,405
Message 4 of 14

Tried that. In fact performed a factory reset followed by deleting chache partition. Didn't work. 

naveen21553
Paper Tape
Views: 5,388
Message 5 of 14

I don't think it's a hardware issue, as it came with september security patch. And I'm too having the same issue and this is just being havoc since I missed some important calls as my phone is always on silent and it does not vibrate.

While using keyboard the key press makes the phone vibrate but it suddenly stops while typing and I can't be sure that I typed the letter or just missed it. LENOVO please fix this bug asap.

Tcs0071
What's DOS?
Views: 5,321
Message 6 of 14

Any solutions to this? Having the same issue..

naveenchebrolu
Paper Tape
Views: 5,298
Message 7 of 14

Hi Support Team,

Even I have the same problem and it's definitely not a hardware issue.

Can you pls confirm on this and release an update to fix this.

AmrAhmmed
What's DOS?
Views: 5,178
Message 8 of 14

I have the same issue after the update and I don't know what to do.

Dragonzord
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,857
Message 9 of 14

Why am I not surprised that Lenovo never solved the issue. Most useless support team I say

naveenchebrolu
Paper Tape
Views: 4,772
Message 10 of 14

i totally agree with you..they haven't even acknowledged that there is such an issue, forget about a fix. Lenovo is killing Motorola's image. even after the recent dec'17 security patch the issue persists.
Top Kudoed Authors