Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shellroc
Paper Tape
Views: 227
Message 1 of 10

Moto g4 keeps rebooting without sound and sd is installed but says its missing

my moto keeps rebooting without introduction sound, over and over.. says sd card is missing, to reinstall. when I take out card, and reboot phone, the phone works. However, when I go to google play, it says no internet connection. ck wifi and cellular data is turned on.. the wifi is turned on, and is my cellular data. when I put in the sd card, the phone begins to reboot again, no introduction sound and message comes up again about sd card missing.. then reboots.I am able to put in password and use phone. is any of this making sense.. the phone has been working fine, until tonight when I tried downloading the Calm app. googl play said it couldnt and to do some troubleshooting. can anyone help?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 175
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto g4 keeps rebooting without sound and sd is installed but says its missing

Hi shellroc,

Thanks for posting. Looks like has something to do with the SD card. I'd like to make sure are you still experiencing the reboot? Can you surf the internet? Is that the only app you can't download?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

shellroc
Paper Tape
Views: 161
Message 3 of 10

Re: Moto g4 keeps rebooting without sound and sd is installed but says its missing

I "force stopped" google play, and now it works. I can get on internet, just fine, as long as the SD card is not installed.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 134
Message 4 of 10

Hi shellroc,

Thanks for sharing. It looks like the SD card is corrupted. Trying using a different SD card and see if it will do the same. Let me know if the Google Play thing occurred. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

shellroc
Paper Tape
Views: 130
Message 5 of 10

thought thats what it would be, however, hate to buy a card, only to find out, that where u plug in card, is the problem.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 106
Message 6 of 10

Hi shellroc,

Have you tried formatting the SD card? If not, try doing it. Back up the files before doing the format so you won't lose all of its files. Hope that helps. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

shellroc
Paper Tape
Views: 83
Message 7 of 10

wont be able to format the card, since, the phone isnt booting up to recongize it. However, I did go to my phone distributor, and they told me the card was fried. It has little black lines on the metal inserts. (not sure if thats the correct terminology) anyway, ordered another sd card, and see what happens.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 51
Message 8 of 10

@shellroc wrote:

wont be able to format the card, since, the phone isnt booting up to recongize it. However, I did go to my phone distributor, and they told me the card was fried. It has little black lines on the metal inserts. (not sure if thats the correct terminology) anyway, ordered another sd card, and see what happens.

Looks like a failure with the card. Let me know your observations and I'll further help. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

shellroc
Paper Tape
Views: 44
Message 9 of 10

it was the card. got a new one, inserted, formatted, and move apps, and all is good

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 24
Message 10 of 10

Hi shellroc,

I'm glad it's all good with the new card. Let me know if you need further help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support