Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
transasia01
Paper Tape
Views: 3,867
Message 1 of 10

Moto g4 plus rear camera Lens scratches

Lot of scratches on my Moto g4 Mobile Rear Camera Lens cover. Camera Lense cover made of low quality material. Please help me to solve the problem. I am satisfied with all other function.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,750
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto g4 plus rear camera Lens scratches

Flagging your own post for abuse will not get you anywhere. Your issue is not a warranty issue. It's the same as if you dropped your phone or scratched your screen. This is a peer to peer support site. Contact Motorola repair center if you want to talk to someone.

transasia01
Paper Tape
Views: 3,740
Message 3 of 10

Mobile Display is Scartch proof. I did not drop my phone, Scratch come when i put it in my pocket. Very small nail can make scratch in Camera lens Glass cover but Mobile display have excellent Glass

transasia01
Paper Tape
Views: 3,729
Message 4 of 10

I think Motorola should give a free lens panel replacement for Moto G4 plus users 'cause most of the phones have this issue including mine, I did notice that there's a little difference in the quality of pics taken from the rear camera now that I have a few scratches

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,707
Message 5 of 10

@transasia01 wrote:

Mobile Display is Scartch proof. I did not drop my phone, Scratch come when i put it in my pocket. Very small nail can make scratch in Camera lens Glass cover but Mobile display have excellent Glass

Nothing is scratch proof. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
RevLauren
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,694
Message 6 of 10

@transasia01 wrote:

I think Motorola should give a free lens panel replacement for Moto G4 plus users 'cause most of the phones have this issue including mine, I did notice that there's a little difference in the quality of pics taken from the rear camera now that I have a few scratches

You have no way of knowing if "most" phones have gotten damaged. The only examples are from those who posted in this forum. Therefore, many thousands of phones are arguably NOT scratched. Mine has been used for 7 months, and hasn't a single mark on the lens cover. I do not use a phone case or cover. Whatever you  may believe, this is not a warranty repair and that has been stated in many places on this forum.

negromoreno
Paper Tape
Views: 3,486
Message 7 of 10

anujkgahlaut
What's DOS?
Views: 2,861
Message 8 of 10

I don't agree with the comments. Most of the consumers visiting Motorola Service Center are lodging their complaints on Rear Camera Glass issue of Moto G4 Plus. The quality of Rear Camera Glass is certainly poor, due to which the selling point of Moto G4 Plus i.e. Camera becomes poor. I had always used 360 protection covers, still my camera lens got scratches. We have used so many other mobiles, and none of them had created this problem. There is no scratch on front screen, which proves that the Glass quality is poor. Service Centers are asking for Rs 1650/- claiming that the panel doesn't comer under warranty. I too agree that considering the huge no. of complaints on Camera issues, Motorola should give one time replacement glass cover to all complainants. 

Regards,

Anuj

shaecker
What's DOS?
Views: 2,633
Message 9 of 10

I got a new lens on ebay ($5) and there are videos on youtube on how to put it in.  I think this is a better option since even if Motorola Lenovo covered it, you would have to go through the hassle of sending the phone in etc. etc.  Who has time for that.  The G4 is a good and inexpensive phone and this camera scratch issue is unfortunate.  Any simple phone case would help to avoid the problem in the future.

russmand
What's DOS?
Views: 211
Message 10 of 10

It's the cover glass over the lens. Use MicroMesh 12000 grade to remove the flaky coating. 100 % fix.