Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adnaik
Paper Tape
Views: 506
Message 1 of 5

Moto g4 plus upgrade

Is anyone upgrade moto g4 plus to Android 7.0, when we will get update....

RevLauren
Bit Torrent
Views: 501
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto g4 plus upgrade

There is no official upgrade released. There is no specific date for the release. You will receive notice when it is available.

ayan_dutta93
Fanfold Paper
Views: 442
Message 3 of 5

If Motorola has not yet released the update, why is there such a hue and cry in all the major gadget forums across the digital world about the update? And if it has not been rolled out yet, what is the stipulated time period in which the same will happen? We need some confirmation from you. After the update news went gaga online, it is disappointing on Motorola's part and the entire purpose of the exercise stands defeated. Kindly confirm the date if you can please.
basushaunak
SCSI Port
Views: 395
Message 4 of 5

@ayan_dutta93 wrote:
If Motorola has not yet released the update, why is there such a hue and cry in all the major gadget forums across the digital world about the update? And if it has not been rolled out yet, what is the stipulated time period in which the same will happen? We need some confirmation from you. After the update news went gaga online, it is disappointing on Motorola's part and the entire purpose of the exercise stands defeated. Kindly confirm the date if you can please.

The news that is floating around is not completely true or false. Yes there is definitely some 'pre release' built of N is floating around in the air. But those are for specific customers whom Motorola has chosen as beta testers (I am assuming - not confident). This happens with all companies and Motorola is not an exception. If you join Windows Insider program - you will get a build months before it is released to the public. That is the whole purpose of Beta testing - to iron out the rough spots. And there is no way any company can tell you when these bugs will be identified and fixed.
Also - every one should acknowledge and appreciate that Lenovo / Motorola is the first brand after Nexus line which has started beta testing / soak testing for one of it's models (V20 came with Android N out of the box)....
When every senior member or Mod or employee in this forum are saying that Android N is not released it plain and simply means that it is not released for the public and internal builds as well as test builds are not discussed in public. Heck - internally they may be running test on 7.1 who knows?
Moto X4 (India) 6 / 64 GB Edition
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 384
Message 5 of 5

@ayan_dutta93 wrote:

Motorola doesnt comment on unreleased software. 

I cant tell you why gadget forums post what they do. They all like to repackage rumors for advertisement traffic. 

Many websites report aliens but i dont believe those either. 

There is no N update available. None. There is no date for an update offered or promised. 

I hope that is clear. Closing thread. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors