Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zirbes
Blue Screen Again
Views: 59,810
Message 1 of 280

Moto g4 with no sound

Hi,

My Moto G4 has Android 6.0.1 and went completely mute. 

No sound when ringing, playing media and on calls. No notifications, no keyboard sounds, nothing.

Tried everything to fix, nothing works. 

Very disappointed with this situation. Any tips?

Thank you,

Zirbes

Th

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 58,904
Message 2 of 280

Re: Moto g4 with no sound

@Zirbes wrote:

Hi,

My Moto G4 has Android 6.0.1 and went completely mute. 

No sound when ringing, playing media and on calls. No notifications, no keyboard sounds, nothing.

Tried everything to fix, nothing works. 

Very disappointed with this situation. Any tips?

Thank you,

Zirbes

Th

Have you tested in safe mode? To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

If that fails, try a cache clear. If that still fails, try a reset and do NOT restore/install any apps. Test first before even setting up google account.

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Zirbes
Blue Screen Again
Views: 58,900
Message 3 of 280

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

I believe I can say I am a hard user. I've tried safe mode and factory reset without apps reinstall. I even tried an app called SoundAbout. Nothing worked.

I will check the videos, hope there's something there that I am missing. But I am starting to think it is a hw issue. Smiley Sad

Zirbes

strine
Paper Tape
Views: 58,855
Message 4 of 280

hi, 

exact same problem here, except audio works with headphone. my moto g4 plus is brand new and sound was'nt working out of the box. it has also android 6.0.1.

safe mode and reset did not solve the problem.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 58,822
Message 5 of 280

@strine wrote:

hi, 

exact same problem here, except audio works with headphone. my moto g4 plus is brand new and sound was'nt working out of the box. it has also android 6.0.1.

safe mode and reset did not solve the problem.

Hi strine,

Sad to know what happened. Have you tried all troubleshooting steps given above? Does it have sound when playing music to identify if it's the speaker? Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Zirbes
Blue Screen Again
Views: 58,352
Message 6 of 280

Mine has no sound at all. Took it to the repair shop, they guy over there tested the speaker and it was fine. He said it must be a software problem, but I don't see how, I've wiped the phone and reinstalled the OS and still no sound. I am sure it is a hardware issue, unfortunately.

ParvathiGS
Paper Tape
Views: 57,935
Message 7 of 280

Same problem with my Moto g4 plus as well. when i restart the problem gets resolved momentarily. But after sometime the problem reappears. System software is uptodate. Dont know whats the real issue.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 57,830
Message 8 of 280

@ParvathiGS wrote:

Same problem with my Moto g4 plus as well. when i restart the problem gets resolved momentarily. But after sometime the problem reappears. System software is uptodate. Dont know whats the real issue.

HI ParvathiGS,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you may perform and see if that works.  

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

jet311
What's DOS?
Views: 57,793
Message 9 of 280

I too have the same issue. Absolutly no audio whatsoever. So annoying

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 57,792
Message 10 of 280

@jet311 wrote:

I too have the same issue. Absolutly no audio whatsoever. So annoying

And what troubleshooting steps have you tried?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors