Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gtraptor
Paper Tape
Views: 8,961
Message 11 of 280

Re: Moto g4 with no sound

I have no sound from speakers, and mic doesnt work either. Only Bluetooth audio works.

Did reboot, factory reset, cleared cache, safe mode, and nothing works, seems to be a common problem on G4s!!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,946
Message 12 of 280

@gtraptor wrote:

I have no sound from speakers, and mic doesnt work either. Only Bluetooth audio works.

Did reboot, factory reset, cleared cache, safe mode, and nothing works, seems to be a common problem on G4s!!!

Hi gtraptor,

Do you have a Device help app? Try to see if you can test your speaker and see if that works. Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

jk-7
Paper Tape
Views: 8,923
Message 13 of 280

Same boring ISSUE here. From one moment to the next I have no sound from speakers, and mic doesnt work either. Only Bluetooth audio works. Any progress here? FIX IT!

jk-7
Paper Tape
Views: 8,923
Message 14 of 280

Same Issue here. I have no sound from speakers, and mic doesnt work either. Only Bluetooth audio works. G4 Plus - Nougat update. Very, very frustrating. Fix It! Any progress?

Sediyama
What's DOS?
Views: 8,848
Message 15 of 280

I'm with the same problem. I sent the phone to support and returned with no solution.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,839
Message 16 of 280

Hi everyone,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

acrimonoctogon
Paper Tape
Views: 8,826
Message 17 of 280

Hi Jess,

I'm having a similar problem to everyone else.  No sound whatsoever from my Moto G4 since yesterday - I've checked alarms, ringtones, calls, media and touch sounds, as well as testing the speaker in Device Help without success.  

Like some others have said, I was able to get sound when I paired with my bluetooth headphones but not through a wired connection.  I've followed all of the troubleshooting steps, running the phone in safe mode, clearing the cache and doing a factory reset.  However, there's still absolutely no audio.  

One other piece of information that may or may not be related, when the phone boots up now it goes directly from the blue screen with the red Motorola logo to the home screen after about 30 seconds, there's no startup sequence.

I've added my IMEI number to my profile and would appreciate if you could take a look and let me know if there's something I'm missing.

Regards,

Tomás

ra1n_xd
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,755
Message 18 of 280

have you solved the issue? i have the same problem
webvan
Punch Card
Views: 8,739
Message 19 of 280

G4 started acting up today as well. No more audio when playing music or when picking up calls. For calls I can put it in loudspeaker mode and that works but it's hardly a decent solution and no such option for music.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 8,734
Message 20 of 280

@webvan wrote:

G4 started acting up today as well. No more audio when playing music or when picking up calls. For calls I can put it in loudspeaker mode and that works but it's hardly a decent solution and no such option for music.

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors