*** SOLUTION ***

Do not buy any more sh!tty Moto / Lenovo products

F C U K   Y O U   M O T O

sam_vdl
What's DOS?
Views: 349
Message 292 of 298

Re: Moto g4 with no sound

I noteced that applying some 'finger' pressure at the left bottom area under the camera at the bottom of the Phone, did help to suddenly get the audio back. Most strange.. After a while it lost back the sound again.

So in my opinion there must be something wrong with the connections of the audio chip, since that's also the place where it's situated on the Mother board. (Some pressure there really does reconnect the audio, just for a while)

Most unfortunatly for all the hours I allready spent on factory setting and after that applying a new OS (Lineage).

Anyways, I saw a video on how an Indian guy opened up the device, got out the motherboard and with a hot air gun did some reheating over the audio chip (remelting the contacts underneath?)... Although I can believe the logic behind this, I'm really bothered by that approach which is more like 'all or nothing'. I mean this is an uncontrollled non-industrial, highy 'medieval' operation kinda like 'trial and error'.. To hot for to long and it will a real meltdown for sure, to little to less and nothing will have re-attached...

Pfffffff, this is a real hassle.

But I think we're at the end of the line here.

sam_vdl
What's DOS?
Views: 347
Message 293 of 298

No, This is just false information, (fake news or so?)
As you might already know by now, it's the audio chip which contacts on the motherboard are starting to fail... It's **bleep** sure Physical.
sam_vdl
What's DOS?
Views: 346
Message 294 of 298

If you say it's a software issue , than I'm quite sure you have or had another core issue at hand than the people that report the audio missing issue as "intermittent".
In the cases that many people here post, it's definatly the audio IC chip on the motherboard that physically is disconnecting, and indeed applying pressure does solve the problem for a very short while... It needs an electronics fix (hot air gun or new motherboard)
sam_vdl
What's DOS?
Views: 342
Message 295 of 298

Re: Moto g4 with no sound Success??

I almost agree with you, the fact that we're talking about a physical issue.
but the pressure point applied really does lie exactly over the audio IC. And Directly applying pressure to the housing of that IC on the motherboard brings the audio back.
So in my opinion it are the connections of the IC itself.
By the way I'm taling about a G4 plus device, which physical mother board layout might be slightly different than a G4 play device, right?
khpos
Paper Tape
Views: 333
Message 296 of 298

Please see my post a couple of pages ago where i show how i fixed exactly that problem. Finicky by easy fix. No chip problem or anything like that.
sam_vdl
What's DOS?
Views: 330
Message 297 of 298

Yeah I saw it. Thanks.
I reacted on that post.
But ok, Tonight I'll try and open up and investigate the springs you're talking about.
To be continued... :-)
You agree that it is a true shame of Lenovo to not address this issue?
Rj_2151
Paper Tape
Views: 111
Message 298 of 298

If I call from moto g4plus then I can't hear sound also it get hanging.Same problem when I receive phone.audio video doesn't play .when I go toservice  centre they said it maybe mother baord problem. a local repairer said it was a microprocessor problem .What is solution ? Please yell me.

Top Kudoed Authors