Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,027
Message 41 of 280

Re: Moto g4 with no sound

Hi Everyone, 

For those who still have the same issue, Does rebooting the phone fix it temporarily?  Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

VikasG4Plus
Paper Tape
Views: 3,025
Message 42 of 280

The profile is updated.

Another detail - media works with a Bluetooth speaker but call functionality does not.

nst115
What's DOS?
Views: 3,020
Message 43 of 280

I have been having the same dead speaker for 3 days now, reboot does fix for me so far.

ParvathiGS
Paper Tape
Views: 2,997
Message 44 of 280

same here

ParvathiGS
Paper Tape
Views: 2,992
Message 45 of 280

Updated the profile. Kindly check for the sound issue.

Nate_Tenney
Paper Tape
Views: 2,973
Message 46 of 280

My Moto G4 does the same thing. I can make a call, it will go through but no audio. Often I will get no alarm sound. Reboot the phone and the audio works.

Sometimes then I get notification sounds, they will be choppy and garbled.

I have tried all the troubleshooting processes on this site. The only one left it to put my phone in rhe recycle bin.

I have the same apps on my G4 that I had on my G and G3 and had no issues with those phones. This seems to be a software issue with the phone, not the apps.

VikasG4Plus
Paper Tape
Views: 2,966
Message 47 of 280

Its only a year since launch so you might still have warranty. Mine was under warranty - got it checked at the service centre.
The diagnosed it as a motherboard issue and would be replacing it.
I thought it might be an OS/Software issue, spent about a day clearing cache, resetting and safe mode checks.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,919
Message 48 of 280

Hi Everyone, 

If rebooting the phone fix this, I would suggest putting it into safe mode and see if that would work. If not, do a factory reset with the Automatic Restore disabled. Once done, do not update your phone first to observe if the problem will still persist.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

dsutor
Paper Tape
Views: 1,790
Message 49 of 280

I have moto G4 and it is a hardware issue for me.  If I press hard on the back cover where the dimple is (made for holding phone)  the audio comes back in when pressed firmly so hardware is loose in the back under the battery...  looking for a  full fix though... no one here seems to be that far or have my issue.

msiewert
Paper Tape
Views: 2,880
Message 50 of 280

I have the same issue, all the suddden today I can only hear media sound when headphones are connected, same result in safe mode.  I have rung tones and such and says hello moto when I power cycle but soon as its on, no sound thoughts?

Top Kudoed Authors