Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColinParry
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,438
Message 51 of 280

Re: Moto g4 with no sound

I also have this issue and have created a separate thread to further highlight it:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus-Moto-G4/Lack-Of-Sound-Since-May-2017-Security-Upda...

In my view it is a software issue related to the latest Android security update.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,171
Message 52 of 280

@ColinParry wrote:

I also have this issue and have created a separate thread to further highlight it:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus-Moto-G4/Lack-Of-Sound-Since-May-2017-Security-Upda...

In my view it is a software issue related to the latest Android security update.

If you reset, and test before installing or restoring any apps what do you get? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
ColinParry
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,161
Message 53 of 280

Why is factory reset the default option when resolving these issues?

This wastes a considerable amount of my time reinstalling and configuring all my apps as well as requring that all my data is backed up (if I miss something, no sympathy, my bad).

In addition my phone will only ask me to update Android to the latest version and it's likely the issue will recur.

Are Motorola not willing to investigate this issue given the volume of complaints in this thread?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,158
Message 54 of 280

@ColinParry wrote:

Why is factory reset the default option when resolving these issues?

This wastes a considerable amount of my time reinstalling and configuring all my apps as well as requring that all my data is backed up (if I miss something, no sympathy, my bad).

In addition my phone will only ask me to update Android to the latest version and it's likely the issue will recur.

Are Motorola not willing to investigate this issue given the volume of complaints in this thread?

You will not be prompted to update until a new update is released - any recent updates is part of the restored OS. 

A Reset is standard troubleshooting and most users have no issues on a reset phone - therefore it is some app they installed that is the culprit. Unless apps start logging "I am the problem app" there is not much to look into. If I run into odd behavior, i reset my device as for me it is faster then trying to remove apps, or other testing. I can reset and have things setup in about an hour. I know i have a clean device, and if the problem occurs before installing apps, i know there is a bug in the OS/phone. 

But the idea is to separate phone issues from 3rd party app issues. Although many users have posted about a problem, most users do not have an issue. Many of us have tried to duplicate volume issues and not been able to do so. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
ColinParry
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,144
Message 55 of 280

As I expected, since it didn't work in safe mode, I still have no sound after the factory reset.

Are there any final suggestions before I return it for a warranty repair?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,142
Message 56 of 280

@ColinParry wrote:

As I expected, since it didn't work in safe mode, I still have no sound after the factory reset.

Are there any final suggestions before I return it for a warranty repair?

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step. Sorry.

ColinParry
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,138
Message 57 of 280

Thank you for your help AlphaDog. Yes, I have not yet (even still...) updated any apps, not even the Google ones, and when I go on YouTube (even declining the chance to update the app) I cannot hear any sound on e.g. music that I can hear on the same page on my PC.

Apologies for being a bit cranky around this, as you can imagine phones are central to all our modern lives and not having a working one is somewhat debilitating. In addition, I am sure the problem is related to the Android security update (I think the hardware is fine as I heard the "Hello Moto" when it boots up) but once Android loads fully then silence.

It's particularly galling as I work in software development and I know how embarassing it is when shoddy software gets shipped. Motorola should be investigating these issues and identifying and fixing the bugs, will be much cheaper for them than recalling all the phones.

Duggo2
What's DOS?
Views: 2,115
Message 58 of 280

Another user here with the same sound issue.  Really fed up as I had big problems with storage on the moto g 3 and found the customer service to be appalling.  Why did I get another moto.  

It annoys me that the default advice is reboot, factory reset, etc.    I've had the phone for five months with the same apps so why would it suddenly start to have a problem with them!

EdsonC
Paper Tape
Views: 2,038
Message 59 of 280

Hi can a warranty exception be made here for this issue. My Moto 4th doesn't have warranty because I unlocked bootloader although I don't think this issue is related to root since others are experiencing it as well. Any chance I can send it for repair or replacement?

Thanks

EdsonC
Paper Tape
Views: 2,060
Message 60 of 280

Hi I am having this same issue for weeks now and there seems to be be no known solution or how it happend.

I cant send the phone to motorola for repair or replacment since i dont have warranty because of unlocked bootloader.

Is it possible to make an exception in this case to have my phone fixed or repaired since it seems this a problem caused by hardware or a motorola update???

Thanks

Top Kudoed Authors