Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,791
Message 61 of 280

Re: Moto g4 with no sound

@EdsonC wrote:

Hi I am having this same issue for weeks now and there seems to be be no known solution or how it happend.

I cant send the phone to motorola for repair or replacment since i dont have warranty because of unlocked bootloader.

Is it possible to make an exception in this case to have my phone fixed or repaired since it seems this a problem caused by hardware or a motorola update???

Thanks

Doubtful - I have not seen moto want to service any devices with unlocked bootloaders unless it was a developer or pure phone. The Bootloader unlock page is very explicit in what you give up when you decide to unlock. 

And it has not been confirmed that the issue is hardware or update related yet. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
EdsonC
Paper Tape
Views: 1,977
Message 62 of 280

For me the issue started when bluetooth wold not show any devices as if it was off even though I turned it on. So I went into the app setting for the Bluetooth Share app and hit clear data and rebooted. Then the bluetooth worked but after using it to listen to music over bluetooth, i started to experience the problem.

I had never installed updates on my Moto G4 but it always had bluetooth problems since I bought it brand new.

LukVdH
Punch Card
Views: 1,862
Message 63 of 280

"And it has not been confirmed that the issue is hardware or update related yet. "

IMHO it (the "beep" or no sound problem) has not been confirmed to be an issue yet, by Moto/Lenovo.

I got "do factory reset" reply. Doesn't help. Now I get "send the phone to repair". How many weeks does Lenovo think a customer can do without phone these days?

And the best "joke" is: when a customer does not reply "everything oké" after 72 hours after getting the message to perform a factory reset, the case is marked "solved". That way I can solve anything.

Please Lenovo: fix the "beep"-bug. If it's hardware, IMHO almost every customer should have the same problem. So IMHO it is firmware-related. ANd then it's up to Lenovo, and there is no need to keep customers busy wisth "perform factory reset" or "send in the phone". As long I don't get de notification-sound or alarm-sound, but a soft beep, this phone (a G4 Play) is useless. Perhaps Lenovo could send me a replacement-phone that works, and after that, I can send in mine.

user2017
Paper Tape
Views: 1,830
Message 64 of 280

Same problem, only works for a few minutes when I restart de phone but suddenly it doesn’t work again.

Please help us to solve.

LukVdH
Punch Card
Views: 1,835
Message 65 of 280

I think I found something. I have an app called "DigooCam". It's an app to watch and controle WiFi/IP- camera's (China made). After I used DigooCam, the alarmsound on the MOTO G4 (play) is nog longer played, but only "beep".
Until I force DigooCam to close. Perhaps Lenovo can have a test.
I will test more apps to see if they have some influence on this very annoying "beep".
I can tell my Wiko Fever phone, my medion Tablet and my Samsung tablet also run DigooCam and those phone and tablets do NOT have any problem with alarm/notification-sounds becoming beeps after using DigooCam.
Only the MOTO G4 Play I have has this problem.

You will find more on Digoo in the play store, on www.mydigoo.com , and www.banggood.com.

I hope someone at Lenovo will do the effort and test it. And we get a fix.

ParvathiGS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,788
Message 66 of 280

I was having this issue with my moto g4 plus from the past 4-5 months till now no solution. Tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned here, no solution. Given my all IMD details to motorolla, no solution. Taken to service centre (in New Delhi), they told its the problem with motherboard and demanded approximately 75% of the market value of the same new phone, even though mine was in the warranty period. Im now left with no solution except buying a new one. All Thanks to Motorola and their service partner Lenova.

LukVdH
Punch Card
Views: 1,776
Message 67 of 280

See a former reply of me: DigooCam (an app to control IP/Wifi camera's from "Digoo", all China made, causes these kind of problems. I thought it was only my MOTO G4 that had the "beep" problem after DigooCam was used. But I just noticed my Wiko Fever has the same trouble: when DiggoCam is used the alarm-sound of the phone changes in a "digital beep". Until DogooCam is forced to close.

So it's not a MOTO G-only problem.

Perhaps there are similiar apps causing the same kind of trouble (as far I know DigooCam is NOT really software made by the Digoo brand.).

EdsonC
Paper Tape
Views: 1,764
Message 68 of 280

Hopefully someone from motorola reads this

I found a way temporary fix sort of.

I flashed the phone completely stock and then try to ota update it to nougat and it gives error and dosent update, but when it reboots the sound works like it should, if you reboot it after that it stops working again.

So i dont know what is causing it beacause i cant update my phone to nougat at all but after the error the sound works so someone that better understands what exaclty the ota does might be able to figure it out and fix the sound or find a way to get the phone to update to see if that fixes it

ColinParry
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,755
Message 69 of 280

So a quick update from me on this...sent my Moto G4 back to Motorola in the UK for repair, and they sent me it back within 6 days.

Sadly the problem has not been fixed, I am not convinved of their test procedures but basically as soon as I turned it on (it had been factory reset) I didn't hear the "Hello Moto" jingle nor did it work once I set up my Google account and tried YouTube, watching saved videos, etc.

Pretty disappointing considering Motorola don't pay the postage, I am out of pocket the best part of £10 and I still don't have a working phone. I'm going to contact customer services again but given their previous abilities my expectations are low.

ownkev
What's DOS?
Views: 1,712
Message 70 of 280

Lenovo needs to allow the bootloaders to be unlocked so people can actually downgrade to marshmallow. I'm stuck with a phone that can't make or receive calls. Nor can I play any media.

Top Kudoed Authors