Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaliaragorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,645
Message 81 of 280

Re: Moto g4 with no sound

ok, cool Smiley Happy

just created the bug report and sent the link via private message. Thank you in advance for your time!

francesco

AWAllis
Paper Tape
Views: 2,227
Message 82 of 280

Hi, I have the same problem with my G4 Plus. The speaker only works for less than a minute after reboot, and then stops working. I can listen to music and audio through headphones, but the speakers make no sound at all. I tried clearing cache and doing a factory reset, and neither one solved the problem. I've read the entire forum and haven't found a solution that works. I hope you can find a solution. 

AWAllis
Paper Tape
Views: 2,227
Message 83 of 280

kaliaragorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,217
Message 84 of 280

Smiley LOL

unfortunately these actions do not work... Smiley Mad

kaliaragorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,185
Message 85 of 280

@motog4notwork wrote:

recommended solution: factory reset, and hope for the best

everybody tried this zillions of times...  NO WAY Smiley Sad

motog4notwork
Punch Card
Views: 2,081
Message 86 of 280

it's about to be bye bye moto

ColinParry
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,006
Message 87 of 280

So I have just received my Moto G4 back today after a terrible experience with customer service, it's clear that Morotola doesn't have inter-departmental communication! I had to phone the repair centre myself to get an update of where my phone was since the live chat operators were telling me I was being sent a quote for repair. Sigh.

Unsurprisingly, given it is a software issue, the problem is still persistent. I get sound briefly after startup then it's gone as before, nothing has changed. To add insult to injury the return letter said there was nothing wrong with the phone and it passed all their diagnostic tests. It'sobvious that the phone has never been booted up like a normal user would (I factory reset it each time I sent it back to protect my personal information).

Can anyone from Motorola or Lenovo please help? After two warranty repairs and nearly 3 weeks without the **bleep** phone it's getting quite tedious. I'm only now left with looking at what my consumer rights are.

kaliaragorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,998
Message 88 of 280

I have to admit that I am quite upset. Pondering to leave motorola for another brand. And that's sad.

@ColinParry wrote:

So I have just received my Moto G4 back today after a terrible experience with customer service, it's clear that Morotola doesn't have inter-departmental communication! I had to phone the repair centre myself to get an update of where my phone was since the live chat operators were telling me I was being sent a quote for repair. Sigh.

Unsurprisingly, given it is a software issue, the problem is still persistent. I get sound briefly after startup then it's gone as before, nothing has changed. To add insult to injury the return letter said there was nothing wrong with the phone and it passed all their diagnostic tests. It'sobvious that the phone has never been booted up like a normal user would (I factory reset it each time I sent it back to protect my personal information).

Can anyone from Motorola or Lenovo please help? After two warranty repairs and nearly 3 weeks without the **bleep** phone it's getting quite tedious. I'm only now left with looking at what my consumer rights are.

Koloso
Paper Tape
Views: 1,894
Message 89 of 280

Same problem here, even in SafeMode, there's no sound. I added my IMEI number to my profile, so hopefully with enough data you will be able to fix this.

ColinParry
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,736
Message 90 of 280

@Koloso wrote:

Same problem here, even in SafeMode, there's no sound. I added my IMEI number to my profile, so hopefully with enough data you will be able to fix this.

I would advise against expecting any help on the board here. I would recommend you contact your seller and try and get a refund or alternatively send it back to Motorola for repair, although I don't think they will be able to fix it as the repair team cannot sign in with a Google account to check the phone works, they can only run diagnostic tests (that was what I was told by Motorola).

There was someone from Motorola asking for bug reports a few pages back but that has dried up now so I've no idea if Motorola are actually taking this seriously.

Top Kudoed Authors