Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 672
Message 31 of 40

Re: No Oreo update in moto g4 plus after factory data reset

It's not a policy, it's a procedure, and nobody from Motorola ever gave you a specific date for a rollout.  

The process works like this:  some number of serial numbers or imeis are selected for a batch, or what we call a "wave" of phones to update.  If you do an FDR after the phone has been chosen, it's wiped off the list of phones that get updated next.  The system is not geared to bounce back and forth looking to find you.  When the current wave is complete, they'll run another scan and you may or may not be selected for the next wave.  

There is no "right" and I can't in any way confirm the 18th of March as even a target date.

Don't believe rumors and don't believe anything from the web.  ONLY believe what comes straight from Moto. 

Ericpatel458
SCSI Port
Views: 646
Message 32 of 40

Ok i believe in what come straight forward from moto that's why i am suggesting you to go on the Motorola India page > software updates> moto G4plus.

They are showing like this ...

The upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo began on February 18, 2019 with a staged approach. We expect all device to receive the update by April 18,2019.

What does that mean.?

Is it still not confirmed that update will be pushed to everyone by 18 th April?

Or there may not be possible by this date?

Still i am attaching the screenshot of that official Motorola infia page. Here it is..

EDP
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 620
Message 33 of 40

@Ericpatel458 wrote:

Ok i believe in what come straight forward from moto that's why i am suggesting you to go on the Motorola India page > software updates> moto G4plus.

They are showing like this ...

The upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo began on February 18, 2019 with a staged approach. We expect all device to receive the update by April 18,2019.

What does that mean.?

Is it still not confirmed that update will be pushed to everyone by 18 th April?

Or there may not be possible by this date?

Still i am attaching the screenshot of that official Motorola infia page. Here it is..

Please read what it says again:  "We expect all device to receive the update by April 18, 2019."

You might think it's a word game, but saying, "we expect" they're adding a slight element of doubt...not a big one, but they're not promising  or guaranteeing or anything like that.  They're saying that at the time they created the post, everything looked good for completing the rollout by 4/18/19.

You're looking for a guarantee that Moto can't provide.  

Mayur24
What's DOS?
Views: 569
Message 34 of 40

Sir even I am not getting the Oreo update pls get me the update even I made factory data erase process 

Ericpatel458
SCSI Port
Views: 500
Message 35 of 40

Hello sr moderator

Now Motorola India has changed the Wordings about moto G4plus oreo update on support page. Here it is..

Motorola has begun upgrading moto g4 plus users with Android 8.1 (Oreo). The upgrade will be done in phases, starting with products with retail software. Soon, the upgrade will arrive for the entire moto g4plus user base, consistent with the company’s previous commitment. Please visit the current page for details on the roll-out.

Now please explain us about the sentence saying "consistent with the company’s previous commitment"

Thanks

EDP
Ericpatel458
SCSI Port
Views: 470
Message 36 of 40

Can anybody enlighten me about what Motorola talking about its Previous commitment ?

EDP
alikhan512390
Fanfold Paper
Views: 441
Message 37 of 40

Sir

Can u please clear 1 thing for me ?

I have moto g4 plus and it doesn't show volte icon + it consume battery so much 

So after oreo update when it appear on my phone 

Are these problems will solve or is there any way to solve it 

Thanks

Shilagh1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 381
Message 38 of 40

After seeing a *lot* of reviews about moto g4 plus after Oreo update,I'm pretty much happy that I didn't get that update

Anyone who is trying to upgrade their moto g4plus to oreo be sure to see the reviews in YT or ask any friends who has updated it.After updating to Oreo you can't rollback to stock nougat which may cause HARDBRICK.And I'm happy with what I have.And don't except more ,its already a 3yrs old phone.Also its our last update, if any major or minor bugs persist don't except Motorola to fix it

PeaceSmiley Happy

Shilagh
Ericpatel458
SCSI Port
Views: 357
Message 39 of 40

Ideally the software updates Improve Day to day usage , functionality and Gives you goodies of newer version of Android.

Newer Android version unleases some newer Capabilities of phone

Here i am not talking about Performance. It may remain same or may decrease bcz of same hardware.

But chances may be there of battery life improvement.

But...Software update should never Affect the basic functionality like audio , calling , sudden battery drop etc.

But both  of them are occuring simultaneously.

Ideally person is waiting for Software update for improvements and features.

Irony is Here bcz of bugs people are happy of not got update.😐🙄

EDP
tspatil
Paper Tape
Views: 67
Message 40 of 40

I have updated my profile with device information. Could you please check and make the update available for my device?

Top Kudoed Authors