Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrenhal1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 776
Message 2411 of 2,415

Re: Nougat update news for ALL G4

I wouldn't say it's been forgotten.  I'd say you probably just have to contact Lenovo support and give them your imei.  They should be able to push the most recent update to you.

Larry_Beav
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,148
Message 2412 of 2,415

As suggested by wrenhal1 I contacted Lenovo/Motorola support.  I fully explained to them that my version of 7.1.1 was out of date and that this G4 Play appeared to be left out of the update cycle after the SOAK test was completed.  I also provided screen shots of my G4 Play software versions and a screen shot of what other G4 Play devices have for software versions.  Motorola support was of no help at all.  This is no surprise to me after looking at this thread that has gone on and on forever over a simple Android update.  Here is the response from Motorola support:

Greetings from Motorola. 

"While we don't provide dates, we are working hard to deliver quality upgrades to eligible devices globally, as fast as possible. Please visit the following site to check on your individual unit: motorola.com/upgrades. The website is updated regularly for all models, carriers and regions."

At any time that you will need our assistance, please feel free to get in touch with us. We will always be glad to help you. We're always trying to improve, so you may receive a survey email after this email. The survey is very short and we appreciate any feedback. Thank you for choosing Motorola! Have a wonderful day!

Warm regards,
Motorola Technical Support

Larry_Beav
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,043
Message 2413 of 2,415

In ongoing communication with Motorola support to get my G4 Play updated to the release version of Android 7.1.1.  The communication between us just keeps going in circles as they do not appear to have the authority or knowledge to resolve anything as related to Android updates.

I know that you want to know that software schedule, however we do not have the specific date yet when it will become avaialble. Once OTA is ready to release in your phone, it will notify it. Make sure your phone has strong Wi-fi and enough battery. You may also check your settings from time to time. Addition to that, please click this link for more information about the software update. https://support.motorola.com/us/en/softwareupgrade. We do appreciate your patience. 

Thank you for contacting Motorola.
Warm regards,

Now the real funny communication from Motorola support.  From what it says Google is at fault for the slow updates.  No wonder this entire G4 Play upgrade has gone so poorly.  No one at Moto support appears to know what is happening.

Thank you for contacting Motorola Mobility,

Sorry if you have to contact us again to address this issue, rest assured I’ll do my best to help you out on this. 

With regards to your concern,Motorola is not the one sending updates in all devices.Google is the one sending updates, then carrier is the one sending the update to your devices. Motorola is only the manufacturer of the phone, but Google is the one providing the software update. 

Thank you for your email!

Warm regards,

wrenhal1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,037
Message 2414 of 2,415

It sounds like you just keep getting the runaround because you're dealing with low-level techs that are unaware that what you're trying to say is that you already have the 7. 1. 1 update you are just needing to get the latest version of that . You aren't needing a schedule.  They need to get you to a higher level support that can take your imei sand push the release version of 7.1.1 to your phone so you can then receive the latest update through OTA.  we know this is possible because we've seen it happen with the people in England earlier in the thread.

Larry_Beav
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,032
Message 2415 of 2,415

@wrenhal1 wrote:

It sounds like you just keep getting the runaround because you're dealing with low-level techs that are unaware that what you're trying to say is that you already have the 7. 1. 1 update you are just needing to get the latest version of that . You aren't needing a schedule.  They need to get you to a higher level support that can take your imei sand push the release version of 7.1.1 to your phone so you can then receive the latest update through OTA.  we know this is possible because we've seen it happen with the people in England earlier in the thread.

wrenhal1 - you said it perfectly.  I have tried all of the words that I could with my communications to Motorola Support.  Yes it is true they do not appear to understand my situation because this G4 Play that I have was in the SOAK test for the United States.  I have provided a screen shot of my software version vs the released version screen shot.  I have even requested that they escalate my issue to a higher support level or to a manager.  The only responses that I get back are the ones in my previous post.  I can eaisly see why so many G4 Play owners became frustrated with the lack of constructive support from Motorola.  I wish I had a way to get this issue resolved.

Top Kudoed Authors