Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
segillum
What's DOS?
Views: 500
Message 1 of 2

Pause character not working in Moto G4 dialling string

For internet banking or call diversion it's sometimes necessary to insert hard and soft pauses in the dialling string. I've always used 'p' for the latter in Android phones and it's worked well. However, it doesn't work in a G4 and there seems to be no way of inserting a comma or semicolon in the dialling string. There's also no way to introduce a two-second pause, such as in HTC dialler menus. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 485
Message 2 of 2

Re: Pause character not working in Moto G4 dialling string

@segillum wrote:

For internet banking or call diversion it's sometimes necessary to insert hard and soft pauses in the dialling string. I've always used 'p' for the latter in Android phones and it's worked well. However, it doesn't work in a G4 and there seems to be no way of inserting a comma or semicolon in the dialling string. There's also no way to introduce a two-second pause, such as in HTC dialler menus. Can anyone suggest a solution?

All my dial strings with pause - comma or semicolon are saved as a contact. I dont see a reason to enter a pause in the dialer - i would just enter the proper number when prompted instead of adding extra pause characters. 

The stock dialer on android has no pause character input - it is done in the contact edit screen. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors