Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treviasxk
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 244
Message 1 of 6

Please fix the Moto G4 kernel

Please fix the Moto G4 kernel, I want to use the 8 cores of my smartphone but this is limited !!!! (only 6 cores are active), I did not pay for an smartphone just for battery saving, I want the promised performance that is 4 cores of 1.5 and 4 cores of 1.2 only everything turned on !!!!!

When I open a game it should call everyone to maintain performance, but it just heats the processor and turns off the cores.

if they do not fix it, I never buy any Motorola products.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 192
Message 2 of 6

Re: Please fix the Moto G4 kernel

@treviasxk wrote:

Please fix the Moto G4 kernel, I want to use the 8 cores of my smartphone but this is limited !!!! (only 6 cores are active), I did not pay for an smartphone just for battery saving, I want the promised performance that is 4 cores of 1.5 and 4 cores of 1.2 only everything turned on !!!!!

When I open a game it should call everyone to maintain performance, but it just heats the processor and turns off the cores.

if they do not fix it, I never buy any Motorola products.

Hi treviasxk,

We understand that you are looking to have all the 8 cores running at the same time, we can assure you it does when the device requires it—not sure if all the Benchmark would show the accurate results that you have tested with— maybe you can try using a different Benchmark like 'Cpu-Z' to see if that makes any difference?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

treviasxk
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 175
Message 3 of 6

I have tested in several applications and everyone shows the same result.

CPU-Z

Elementalx

Cpu identifier

CPU / GPU Meter

And among others ...

And this is rather a problem (or bad programming in the Kernel), before I had installed a custom kernel, and I was able to connect all the cores.

All Moto G4 be with this limitation, look at the video of this guy, he did the test in Android 6.0 Moto G4 Plus (and only 6 cores are connected)

https://youtu.be/mZQjr6FXCkU

I've already tested heavy games and applications (with low device temperature) just to see these 8 active cores, but that does not work !!!

Please fix this !!!!

My model is an XT1626

I've done all the possible tests so I do not get embarrassed here, please consider my answer and do something about it.

Excuse my English, I'm Brazilian.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 84
Message 4 of 6

Hi treviasxk,

Please send us a Bug report, it will help us investigate and let's see what we can find on the report. 

BUG REPORT FOR NORMAL ISSUE:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.

Need help updating your profile? See here.  Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

treviasxk
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 60
Message 5 of 6

Okay, I've done all the procedures, updated the profile, and the Google Drive link with the BugReport file sent you on a private message as it may contain personal information.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 43
Message 6 of 6

Hi treviasxk,

Thanks. I will have my team checked on this. I'll let you know if we need more information and/or if we have an update. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors