Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treviasxk
Serial Port
Views: 281
Message 11 of 18

Re: Please fix the Moto G4 kernel

who will be the next moderator that will try to help me and then not answer me again.

I already waste a lot of time with your support on Facebook and the Lenovo Brazil forum and now here.

I was very patient, I'm just here to help everyone reporting a problem in the Moto G4 kernel. This is a serious problem, no joke.

Please fix this, I'm suffering mental disorder because of this.

I paid R$ 1,500.00 on this smartphone on the day of the release. (2016)
treviasxk
Serial Port
Views: 254
Message 12 of 18

It's official, Lenovo despises its customers.

images (1).jpeg

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 251
Message 13 of 18

You're not providing the info previously requested.  If you modded the phone, we can't help you,I don't think.

treviasxk
Serial Port
Views: 245
Message 14 of 18

I'm not using a mod firmware!

I will post all my information below.Sem título.png

Screenshot_20190116-214053.png

Screenshot_20190116-213814.png

Screenshot_20190116-213758.png

Screenshot_20190116-214651.png

All Motorola applications are open (To help analyse)Sem título1.png

Here I sent a private message with all the information to your friend.

---------------------------Message-----------------------------

BugReport:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1665T7gMJNLTsHBhTKWX5Q9tVkfg1HOUM/view?usp=sharing

The problem is this, Moto G4 can not connect all the cores, I already checked this in Android 6/7 / 8.1

At that time only 6 cores are active: 2x1,5Ghz and 4x1,2 and they go deactivating according to the temperature of the battery

Screenshot_20181212-162715.png34ºC - 6 active cores (4x1,2Ghz and 2x1,5Ghz)
45.5ºC - 4 active cores (4x1,2Ghz and 0x1,5Ghz)
46ºC - 3 active cores (3x1,2Ghz and 0x1,5Ghz)

Example:Screenshot_20181212-162910.png

Screenshot_20181212-163123.png

Screenshot_20181212-163344.png

When I open a heavy game (Type PUBG), the right thing was to connect everything the same as the Moto G5S, but only stays in 6 cores and after it heats the smartphone it goes off, so the game is slow.

basically I'm only using 72% of the maximum performance.

Other bugs:

Motorola's Android Oreo can not install APKs with 1.5Gb, maybe that's because this package installer in this ROM has been modified by Motorola. (now you can only install with fastboot)
I tested on the Moto G4 / Moto G5 / Moto G5S

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I created other topics by making more explanations of this problem, but it was not answered.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus-Moto-G4/The-temperature-of-my-city-influences-the-...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus-Moto-G4/Moto-G4-is-under-limited-performance/td-p/...

Repeating: I'm not using customizable firmware, I already installed it once before and it was in it that find out about the cores disabled.

treviasxk
Serial Port
Views: 192
Message 15 of 18

Anyway why are you paid? why do not you quit your job and leave people who really are willing and need to do a good job.

Are you waiting for your boss to send you to do a good job?

you are a disappointment !!

Lenovo needs people who really take their work seriously, not a guy who accepted the job just to comfort people or using texts with CTRL + C and CTRL + V

If you are not helping, it is because you really do not want to help !!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 187
Message 16 of 18

I'm not paid.  Forum moderators are volunteers.

But let's discuss a bit of business.  If you owned Moto, and some users (not all) complained that they couldn't access all of the processor's cores at the same time, and the device in question was coming up on 3 years on the market, would you re-assign your resources to that project?  Instead of assigning them to whatever is going to launch in the next few months or so, or to updates for newer models than the G4, or to whatever project is going to help make the company stronger for the future?

treviasxk
Serial Port
Views: 175
Message 17 of 18

First of all this would depend on the problem of the smartphone, if it is serious such as big bugs (where the user loses privacy), limited performance, weak security or something that can lead the user's life in danger
(super heating type), this should be a priority.

But I understand that you can not support security updates for a long time, because this can affect the sale of smartphones, as users are looking for the most up-to-date smartphone.

I do not know if you know, but Brazil is one of the countries that most buy smartphones from Motorola and due to a crisis that the country is going through, many people are still buying up the Moto G2, so it does not matter if the smartphone is 3 years old, what really matters is if the company takes its commitment to the consumer seriously.

And another thing, according to Art. 66 of the Code of Consumer Protection - Law 8078/90 (here in Brazil)

Art. 66. To make false or misleading statements or omit relevant information about the nature, characteristic, quality, quantity, safety, performance, durability, price or guarantee of products or services:
 Penalty - Detention from three months to one year and fine.
• 1 - Those who sponsor the offer will incur the same penalties.
• 2 - If the crime is guilty;
Penalty Arrest of one to six months or fine.
https://www.jusbrasil.com.br/topicos/10597752/artigo-66-da-lei-n-8078-de-11-de-setiembre-de-1990

It was for this reason that Motorola had to confirm the update of Android Oreo for the Moto G4, otherwise it would be harmed by having so many fines.

The Art. 37 and 66 applies to this type of situation, but you're lucky, because Brazil is not smart, they do not buy a smartphone to stay watching the behavior of the CPU, only advanced users can think of these types and problems.

treviasxk
Serial Port
Views: 128
Message 18 of 18

I have additional information, when I created this topic I was using firmware OPJ28.108 Android 8.1, and I recently discovered that you guys did an update that is OPJ28.111-12 from 2019-01-08 I installed and analyzed.

The behavior of the processor is better and can bind all cores if the device is performing a heavy task. and now his behavior is that.

Screenshot_20190129-221440.png

If the temperature is below 41 ° C, the 8 cores can be activated.
If the temperature is 42 ° C or 43 ° C, a maximum of 6 cores can be activated.
If the temperature is 44 ° C or 45 ° C, a maximum of 5 or 4 cores can be activated.
If the temperature is 46 ° C, a maximum of 3 cores can be activated.

Now these rules are correct, I want to thank you for correcting it and I hope it stays that way until the final version of Android Oreo of the Moto G4, I will soon mark the topic as resolved.

Top Kudoed Authors