Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vipula9780
What's DOS?
Views: 97,599
Message 1 of 69

Screen burn issue

It's just been 20 days I bought a moto g4 plus. I have screen burn/ghosting everywhere on screen - status bar, navigation bar, even if i open an app for like 5 mins some part of its printed on the screen. It's veey annoying as it's only supposed to happen with Amoled display.

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 95,717
Message 2 of 69

Re: Screen burn issue

Hi,

Does the issue occurs while the device is on charge? Can you test it in Safe Mode to check is it an app causing the issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Thanks

MFN Team

Vipula9780
What's DOS?
Views: 95,659
Message 3 of 69

No it happens all the time and I tried safe mode but didn't work

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 95,567
Message 4 of 69

@Vipula9780 wrote:

No it happens all the time and I tried safe mode but didn't work

It would be really helpful if you could update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. (Need help updating your profile? See here.)

Here are the questions I would ask:

• What is your brightness level set to?
  • What is your screen time-out time set to?

If you have the brightness cranked up high, and have the screen on constantly -- like when charging especially -- I guess this could happen. Could you post a photo of the screen burn-in?

Thanks.

Alex-GV
What's DOS?
Views: 95,432
Message 5 of 69

I have the same issue and it happen just like Matt say, I was charging the phone while downloading apps and checking the status, all this with the brigthness crack all the way up.

I have only 2 days with my phone Smiley Sad

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 95,406
Message 6 of 69

@Alex-GV wrote:

I have the same issue and it happen just like Matt say, I was charging the phone while downloading apps and checking the status, all this with the brigthness crack all the way up.

I have only 2 days with my phone Smiley Sad

So, is it like this now all the time? If you crank down the brightness, does it return to normal after a day or two?

Hoshang
WWAN
Views: 95,397
Message 7 of 69

Screen burn in should not occur in LCD TFT display. Let Moto engineer investigate.
Hoshang
nial
What's DOS?
Views: 95,376
Message 8 of 69

Same trouble.Its barely 2 months and notification icons have burned into screen.It goes away after screen is not in use for a bit. But I want  a permanent solution.

csk1234
Paper Tape
Views: 95,032
Message 9 of 69

Hi,

Even I've this problem is there any way I can replace it it's been just a month since i've purchased

csk1234
Paper Tape
Views: 95,031
Message 10 of 69

even i face the same issue with my g4 but it goes back to normal state when i leave the screen off for 30 or so minutes

Top Kudoed Authors