Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chandni07
What's DOS?
Views: 16,048
Message 1 of 25

Screen touch not working in Moto G4 Plus

The touch screen isn't working rightly. I'm able to operate the home screen only from the bottom and the top. Also not able to power off the phone since I'm unable to click on power off button. Please help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 15,574
Message 2 of 25

Re: Screen touch not working in Moto G4 Plus

@Chandni07 wrote:

The touch screen isn't working rightly. I'm able to operate the home screen only from the bottom and the top. Also not able to power off the phone since I'm unable to click on power off button. Please help.

Hello Chandni07,

Kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. Here is the link: http://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/110863

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

chinmayb13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,230
Message 3 of 25

Since last update i am facing touchscreen problem. Anytime the touch goes dead. Not able to press home butto or back button or anything on the screen. It's completely dead like the back panel (nothign happens no matter where you touch). It works again after locking and then unlocking the phone. Is it related to some software updates? Any solution except factory restore?

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 10,198
Message 4 of 25

@chinmayb13 wrote:

Since last update i am facing touchscreen problem. Anytime the touch goes dead. Not able to press home butto or back button or anything on the screen. It's completely dead like the back panel (nothign happens no matter where you touch). It works again after locking and then unlocking the phone. Is it related to some software updates? Any solution except factory restore?

Thanks

Hi chinmayb13Can you do a hardware test on the display by going to the Device Help app? Let me know what the result is.

Regards,

JM

bivanov
Paper Tape
Views: 9,185
Message 5 of 25

I have the same problem. My touch is totally dead, i can't even turn off my phone. All this is after the last update.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,110
Message 6 of 25

@bivanov wrote:
I have the same problem. My touch is totally dead, i can't even turn off my phone. All this is after the last update.

Hello bivanov,

This is strange, sorry to hear about the issue that you are facing, I still doubt that the touch could be totally inactive via update-- unless there was a problem updating your device such as low battery/ turnoff while updating your device etc.. 

At this point, the only option would be service/repair.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Arpitkansal
Paper Tape
Views: 8,253
Message 7 of 25

I am also facing the problems listed by other users. At first, my touch stopped working for some time and then it was working by pressing power button to turn off and then on the display. But after two days, it is dead since today's morning and I am unable to do a single task now.

Arpitkansal
Paper Tape
Views: 8,248
Message 8 of 25

Sir, but how is this possible that many users are facing same problem after your update. The pattern is same. The timings of problems are same. I cannot even switch off my phone.
Kindly give us a letter or mail, so that we can visit Motorola Service Center for free without paying any service charges as I will not be able to install new update.
bivanov
Paper Tape
Views: 8,208
Message 9 of 25

Hello again.

I sent my phone to the service center as it still has guarantee. They "repaired" it. It worked for 2 weeks, then it started doing the same things again. At first the touch "freezes", you have to press the Power button to turn off and on the dislpay. Then it started doing things by itself. And now it is frozen again. And the phone is again at the service center....

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,113
Message 10 of 25

@Arpitkansal wrote:
Sir, but how is this possible that many users are facing same problem after your update. The pattern is same. The timings of problems are same. I cannot even switch off my phone.
Kindly give us a letter or mail, so that we can visit Motorola Service Center for free without paying any service charges as I will not be able to install new update.

Hi Arpitkansal,

We are sorry to hear about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. At this point, the next option would be service/repair so that our service team can diagnose your device and help you accordingly.

You can write us supportforums@motorola.com for further assistance. 

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors