Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 5 (981 Views)

Service Centre wont repair phone under warranty

Fraud By Moto India

I write with immense pain and exasperation that Moto has put me in. I had bought a Moto G4 plus phone on 10th feb from Amazon. Initially the phone was having minor problems like hanging and also the phone was not updating with the new Nougat update saying invalid update.

I complained to Amazon claiming the problem on 10th day of purchase, however they suggested me to check the phone on smartcheck diagnostic software which showed phone is ok so I kept the phone. But the problems stayed including update not happening so I tweeted to Amazon and Moto, I have the tweets as proof. Moto support told me to clear cache using steps mentioned on website. I tried that but it did not help.

I went to the service centre but found that service centre had shifted to a new address. Phone was working just hanging sometimes and not updating so I thought will go to service centre later. Meanwhile I again tried the Nougat update which failed midway twice while installation.

But on 18th mar 2017 phone stopped detecting sim card and wifi network, so I tried factory reset after backing up. But it did not cure the phone so I took it to the service centre.

Now the service centre says that the phones warranty is void as the phone software is modified. I fail to understand how the warranty is void when I have only tried to update using the official update how can the phone be void of warranty.

Kindly help me in the situation and please get my phone repaired under warranty.

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5 (905 Views)

Re: Service Centre wont repair phone under warranty

rahulvithani wrote:

Fraud By Moto India

I write with immense pain and exasperation that Moto has put me in. I had bought a Moto G4 plus phone on 10th feb from Amazon. Initially the phone was having minor problems like hanging and also the phone was not updating with the new Nougat update saying invalid update.

I complained to Amazon claiming the problem on 10th day of purchase, however they suggested me to check the phone on smartcheck diagnostic software which showed phone is ok so I kept the phone. But the problems stayed including update not happening so I tweeted to Amazon and Moto, I have the tweets as proof. Moto support told me to clear cache using steps mentioned on website. I tried that but it did not help.

I went to the service centre but found that service centre had shifted to a new address. Phone was working just hanging sometimes and not updating so I thought will go to service centre later. Meanwhile I again tried the Nougat update which failed midway twice while installation.

But on 18th mar 2017 phone stopped detecting sim card and wifi network, so I tried factory reset after backing up. But it did not cure the phone so I took it to the service centre.

Now the service centre says that the phones warranty is void as the phone software is modified. I fail to understand how the warranty is void when I have only tried to update using the official update how can the phone be void of warranty.

Kindly help me in the situation and please get my phone repaired under warranty.

Often times updates fail because phone is rooted, bootloader unlocked, twrp installed etc.  

have you done any of things? I suspect the service center saw some indication of this, or they would have no reason to refuse service. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
HDMI
Message 3 of 5 (886 Views)

rahulvithani wrote:

Fraud By Moto India

Did you by any chance try manually installing a factory rom picked up somewhere unofficial. There are factory roms floating around that are flashable but if you flash the wrong one, you will trip a warning that the rom is unofficial. Did that Nougat update come by the official OTA and was your previous rom the same rom that came with the phone?

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 5 (880 Views)

Just to add to what Tel864 said.... 

If you flash ANY ROM or update, you can be denied service. Even OTA are made to be installed OTA, not by flashing - so if you are running some soak test or beta build that is "official" - it is only official if installed OTA. The service center can tell, and can deny warranty if you sideloaded OTA software. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 5 (872 Views)

Have only tried update with the official update released by Moto which is prompted time and again in pop up. 

However I had escalated issue to senior officials in Moto and they have asked service centre to repair under warranty. Fingers crossed on when i will get it back and hope problem will be resolved.

Top kudoed Authors