Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiran30
Fanfold Paper
Views: 958
Message 1 of 8

Softkeys problem

My softkeys works only some half time a day. It works fine in landscape mode. The camera and Mike which appear on softkeys location during lock, works fine. Is it a hardware or a software issue?what is the solution? My phone is g4 play

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 923
Message 2 of 8

Re: Softkeys problem

@Kiran30 wrote:

My softkeys works only some half time a day. It works fine in landscape mode. The camera and Mike which appear on softkeys location during lock, works fine. Is it a hardware or a software issue?what is the solution? My phone is g4 play

Hi Kiran30,

That's weird but let's figure it out. Have you tried turning the phone off and on? If yes, please follow these steps:

1. Force reboot

2. Safe mode

If these two doesn't work, the last resort is to reset the device. If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,
Joy

Motorola Support

Kiran30
Fanfold Paper
Views: 907
Message 3 of 8

I have already tried with safe mode and factory reset. The results are still same. Softkeys are not working.

When I say softkeys work fine in portrait mode , I mean they work fine when softkeys are rotated to the top side of the mobile. Am I clear with the problem?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 890
Message 4 of 8

@Kiran30 wrote:

I have already tried with safe mode and factory reset. The results are still same. Softkeys are not working.

When I say softkeys work fine in portrait mode , I mean they work fine when softkeys are rotated to the top side of the mobile. Am I clear with the problem?

Yes, I understand. Please take a moment to update your forum profile with the current IMEI or SN of your device in order for me to assist you further.

Need help updating your profile? See here.

Thanks,

Joy

Motorola Support

Kiran30
Fanfold Paper
Views: 882
Message 5 of 8

I updated my information about imei and selected phone as g4 because there was no g4 play option.

Thanks moto team for your quick replies.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 851
Message 6 of 8

@Kiran30 wrote:

I updated my information about imei and selected phone as g4 because there was no g4 play option.

Thanks moto team for your quick replies.

Hi Kiran30,

Thanks for updating your profile. Let me just ask, when it's rotated to landscape, do keyboard keys fail in the spots where the softkeys would be in portrait mode?

Joy

Motorola Support

Kiran30
Fanfold Paper
Views: 834
Message 7 of 8

The keyboard keys which come on spots where softkeys would be in portrait mode, works absolutely fine.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 815
Message 8 of 8

@Kiran30 wrote:

The keyboard keys which come on spots where softkeys would be in portrait mode, works absolutely fine.

Kindly do and answer this:

1. Enable "Show Touches" in developer options.
2. Send a screen shot or screen record (AZ Recorder) of when it is not responding
3. Is it in a certain application(s) when you notices it not responding?

Thanks,
Joy
Motorola Support
Top Kudoed Authors